Are you a creative and innovative collaborator who thrives on finding new ways to address challenges? In this newly created Accounting Manager role, you will be responsible for, but are not limited to, general ledger accountability, financial reporting, various analysis and other special projects as assigned.
- Assist with the month end close by summarizing and analyzing account information, preparing journal entries and reconciling general ledger accounts, and reviewing similar work performed by other accounting staff.
- Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements and related footnotes, ensuring that financial statements comply with GAAP.
- Prepare monthly analysis of financial data for senior management.
- Assist with various system modification/implementation projects.
- Must have an Accounting degree and at least 5-8 years of general ledger or public accounting experience.
- MBA a plus
- CPA certification required
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of US GAAP.
· Identify, research and resolve reconciling items as needed.
· Recommend and assist in the implementation of improvements to internal controls and accounting processes.
· Assist with bank and independent audits by preparing schedules and obtaining data requested by auditors, and responding to auditor queries.
· Prepares complex account reconciliations and analysis.
· May supervise and train junior accounting staff.
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
· Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, vlookups and other database functions.
· Microsoft Access and Word skills a plus.
· Experience with system modification and implementation projects strongly preferred.
· SEC reporting experience a plus.
· Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Self-starter with good verbal and written communication skills, with experience supervising staff.
· Organized, accurate and detail-oriented; able to manage multiple assignments simultaneously.
· Able to meet month-end schedules and other deadlines.
· Team player who maintains good working relationships with other members of the accounting team, as well as vendors and employees in other functional areas.