Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHY AN AUTOMATION SYSTEM SITE ENGINEER – ELECTRICAL?
As an Automation System Site Engineer, you will be part of an innovative team of engineers creating site-specific designs. This will require gaining and maintaining an expert-level understanding of our modular automation building-blocks so that you can develop tailored bills of material and drawings needed by site electricians. The job entails tailoring our portfolio of power distribution cabinets, control cabinets, and cable management systems, and sometimes augmenting these with commercially available components. You will also work closely with site electrical engineers and electricians to answer questions and make sure that the finished product matches the documented design intent.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Leading a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Design automated facility layouts of existing system design elements to meet customer requirements.
- Support the creation, development and release of standard details and work instructions.
- Participate in the product design meetings for future products to represent site/customer requirements and understand the automation system’s operating parameters and requirements to ensure a complete system definition.
- Creation and management of highly detailed and functional 3D models and detail drawings.
- Select commercial components needed to complete a site installation.
- Support the creation, development and release of system Bill of Materials (BOMs) of each installation via ECO.
- Interface with internal and external teams to develop electrical schematics to support permitting, providing documentation support for inspection.
- Occasionally travel within the USA and occasionally internationally (~5% travel may be required once we’re in production).
- Provide feedback to improve the designs of existing assemblies and participate in the design of new automation building blocks.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- 10+ years of relevant experience designing and/or deploying large-scale machines, capital equipment, facilities, or commercial / industrial structures.
- B.S. degree in Engineering or relative field of study
- Great deal of experience drafting block diagrams and detailed wiring diagrams.
- Familiarity with NEC and NFPA standards, ideally a current or former licensed electrician.
- Familiarity with the installation of conduit, cables trays and other cable management systems.
- Ability to work successfully in a collaborative team environment which extends to installation contractors, and constructively influence team decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD; AutoCAD Electrical and some 3D modelling experience (SolidWorks / Creo / Revit) nice to have.
- Automation and PLC experience is valued.