Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology
As a Build and Release Engineer you will own the development automation infrastructure for our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. You will streamline and automate our development, deployment and configuration processes. You will help developers tighten feedback loops to improve efficiency using industry standard tools. You will help migrate existing workflows into a unified structure across software teams.
What Will You Love?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Leading a culture that is built on the fundamental importance of individual contribution and team synergy.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
What Will You Do?
- Refine and support Alert’s software development automation infrastructure
- Build and maintain a robust suite of automated unit and integration tests
- Migrate existing version control system and build scripts from Subversion to Git for the Material Control System (MCS) team
- Define and implement effective CI/CD tooling and process
- Ensure development standards, processes, procedures, and practices are efficient, effective, and documented
What are We looking for?
- Experience leading implementation of effective automated build/release practices and workflow
- Broad understanding of the capabilities and limitations of process automation frameworks
- Experience working with Atlassian build tool chain (e.g. BitBucket, Bamboo, Jira, TestRail)
- Knowledge of other common automation tools (Jenkins, buildbot, etc.)
- Experience automating workflow steps to achieve consistent, reliable process implementation
- Strong grasp of software development lifecycle
- Experience writing shell scripts for software deployment utilities; Specifically, commit hooks for git DVCS, test automation, target setup, etc.
- Experience developing streamlined development process infrastructure
- Ability to synthesize development team issues into actionable requirements
- Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement by direct observation of workflow implementation
- Knowledge of common development tools and practices: environments, compilers, versioning (i.e. git, SVN), software configuration management, defect tracking, and peer review methodologies
- Experience with common CI/CD scripting languages - Ant, Python, Bash, etc.
- Experience with common CD tools such as Docker
- Experience with dependency and artifact management tools such as Ivy, Artifactory, etc.
- Excellent debugging, problem-solving, and analytic skills
- Experience with Linux, MacOS and Windows
- Familiarity with VMware is a plus