Takeoff is seeking a Clojure Engineer to join the CUI team and help them develop new API endpoints and fix API bugs. They must be able to speak Clojure. They must be knowledgeable of UX best practices and have some experience with web development. If this matches your experience, we’d love to chat! The ideal candidate is friendly, motivated, and works well in a team.
Takeoff Tech is a well-funded, 100-person startup that is transforming online grocery for retailers and consumers. Takeoff’s solution offers automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
- Define and build the next generation of e-commerce web applications for the top grocery chains in North America
- Help grow the Boston team and culture as well as the engineering practice, both for themselves and the company as a whole
- Collaborate with in-house and remote teams to coordinate on API endpoints to support the web development team. Write clean and concise code with good documentation that gets the job done fast and efficiently.
- Be product minded - help the business grow through helping to identify tech and product needs and priorities
- Maintaining an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Evaluating and testing code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, properly structured, and compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Work on meaningful projects that will affect and improve the lives of people from all walks of life
- A passion for application development, API design, and back-end tech stack sExperience with Clojure/GraphQL/REST
- Experience with modern API architecture and tools
- Able to write comprehensive tests and documentation for features and functionalities
- Highly motivated and self-directed with the ability to work on multiple projects, both independently and in a team
- Ability to thrive in an ever-changing startup environment.
- Ability to communicate ideas crisply and listen with empathy, especially across remote teams
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse team. We offer a competitive salary, health, dental & vision plans, flexible paid time off, daily catered lunch, and a fun and supportive company culture.
Our headquarters office is at The Watch Factory in Waltham, MA. A cool space full of creature comforts with plenty of amenities on site. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.