The purpose of a Cloud Software Architect is to design software applications. They work with customers to design, build, refactor, and optimize applications for the cloud. This includes refactoring existing enterprise applications, building new front-end or back-end applications, and re-architecting existing applications to cloud-native technologies. Software architects can also work with organizations to build different types of software applications from cloud-native data processing systems to robust full-stack web applications.
At Cloudreach, Cloud Software Architects will be the subject matter experts and will be responsible for the technical leadership of Application Modernization engagements. A good understanding of cloud platforms and prior experience designing and developing software applications is required.
We’re looking to bring on a superstar cloud architect to design innovative technical solutions for industry leading clients.
What will you do at Cloudreach?
- Consult with our US customers, helping build and architect new solutions, data center migrations, and scaling their adoption of cloud technologies.
- To drive solution architecture and best practices by producing internal white-papers and best practice guides, contributing to Cloudreach internal tooling, mentoring fellow architects.
- To lead and be deeply involved in the hands-on technical delivery of customer projects.
- To enable clients to visualize the possibilities of leveraging public cloud.
- To identify and develop opportunities to increase the consumption of Cloudreach services within customer accounts.
- To provide thought leadership in the form of public speaking, publish content such as blog articles, case studies.
- Gather and understand user requirements in terms of designing the application architecture, database architecture, and configuring user access and security for the application and databases.
- Design modernization and migration plans for helping customers move legacy software applications into the cloud
- Consider the entire software application from the back-end API development to the front-end accessibility for end-users
- Help Cloud Architects to optimise the conceptual design for application migration or modernization within wider customer engagements
- Drive software architecture best practices by ensuring that development adheres to the guidelines defined by the Application Modernization Line of Service and developing internal and external technical documentation.
- Providing thought-leadership in the form of public speaking, contributions to open-source software, and publishing blog articles or case studies.
What do we look for?
The Cloud Software Architect has extensive experience designing and implementing software applications. They ideally have a proven track record of delivering real-world software implementations in the cloud through either greenfield solutions or modernizations of legacy applications to cloud based solutions.
In addition, the Cloud Software Architect thrives in a collaborative and agile environment with an ability to learn new concepts easily.
Your skills and traits will include but not be limited to:
- Technical skills:
- Software architecture and development
- Software development lifecycle:
- Code quality
- Continuous integration/continuous deployment
- Enterprise architecture
- Back-end and Front-end architectures, frameworks, and methodologies
- Cloud computing and cloud-native architecture
- Experience architecting, designing, implementing, and supporting software applications
- Expert level knowledge of at least one development language
- Deep technical experience in the following competencies:
- Creative thinking and amazing problem solving skills
- Demonstrable working experience
- Delivering production-scale software application solutions on at least one major cloud platform
- Confidently taking responsibility for the technical output of a project
- Ability to quickly pick up new skills and learn on the job
- Comfortably working with various project stakeholders such as project managers, software engineers, data engineers, and other architects
- Solid communication skills: You can clearly articulate the vision and confidently communicate with all stakeholder levels: Cloudreach, Customer, 3rd Parties and Partners - both verbal and written. You are proficient in documenting workflows, tools, or complex areas of software applications.
What are our cloudy perks?
- Unique ‘cloudy’ culture -- we work hard and play hard
- Uncapped holidays and your birthday off
- World-class training and career development opportunities through our own Cloudy University
- Centrally-located offices
- Fully stocked kitchen and team ‘cloudy’ lunches, taking over a restaurant or two every Friday
- Office amenities like pool tables and Xbox on the big screen TV
- Working with a collaborative, social team, and growing your skills faster than you will anywhere else
- Quarterly kick-off events with the opportunity to travel abroad
- Full benefits and 401k match
Big dreams often start small. From an idea in a London pub in 2009, we have grown into a global cloud enabler which operates across 7 countries and speak over 30 languages.
Our purpose at Cloudreach is to “enable innovation.” We do this by helping enterprise customers adopt and harness the power of cloud computing. We believe that the growth of a great business can only be fuelled by great people, so join us in our partnership with AWS, Microsoft and Google and help us build one of the most disruptive companies in the cloud industry. It’s not your average job, because Cloudreach is not your average company.