Conquest Funds specializes in lending secured by real estate. We work with real estate developers and investors in Massachusetts and Texas to finance the acquisition of residential and commercial properties. The firm’s principals have a combined 50 years of experience in all aspects of real estate lending and investing. Having spent years developing real estate prior to launching the firm, its principals have built Conquest’s private lending platform from the ground up.
Conquest Funds is looking for a Controller / CFO to complement the firm’s executive team and oversee all financial operations.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
The Controller / CFO will manage and oversee the daily operations of the accounting and finance functions.
- This role will focus on metrics, measurement, retrieving and interpreting real time company data. The candidate will drive internal and external reporting and build a first class accounting and finance team.
- The Controller / CFO will out in place financial processes and reporting capabilities to drive accuracy of accounting numbers, and be able to report on financial and operational results.
- This individual will spend a good amount of time helping to expand, report, and analyze our lending operations. We expect to increase lending funds by over 50% this year.
- Ability to build and manage accounting and finance functions including the month-end close process, A/P, A/R, Billing, Reporting and Collections functions
- Interface with business leaders in the company to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of procedures.
- Establish a standard practice around developing monthly reporting dashboards, financial statements, and quarterly reporting practices to the executive team.
- Oversee payroll processing, cash management and projections
- Improve financial and operational systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions.
- Build, train, and manage a high-performance finance and accounting team
- Create performance plans, assess performance, and provide performance feedback
- Create an atmosphere where Accounting becomes a business partner for the entire firm.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience as controller or CFO
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA or MBA desired
- Experience with accounting software and databases
- Understanding of real estate practices, Private Equity, lending institutions, banking standards, industry laws and regulations.