Reporting directly to the Chief Risk Officer for TimePayment, the Corporate Risk Manager leads risk analysis for the entire TimePayment lease portfolio of over $300MM. In this fast-paced, high growth, and constantly evolving enviroment, this role provides oversight of identifying key insights to drive sound business decisions that balance growth and risk. In addition, the Corporate Risk Manager will help develop a risk management culture, lead projects, analyze data, develop credit risk models, scorecards and coordinate solutions directly with the Corporate Credit Committee (Chairman, CEO, CFO, CRO, Operations).
- Analyze vast amounts of data (both internal and external sources)
- Deliver statistically sound credit risk scoring models based on hard data
- Participate in Credit Committee to develop risk management principles / culture and portfolio quality segmentation and reporting
- Partner cross-functionally with sales, legal, ops, IT, and finance to optimize strategies, develop reporting to audit and track adherence to credit standards, and drive growth
- Closely follow market trends to stay ahead of and mitigate risk
Required Experience, Education, Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in financial services credit/risk management
- Strong communication skills / ability to effectively interact directly with both C-suite and front-line employees
- Team player and ability to influence others
- Mastery of excel modeling / big data analysis (advanced SAS fluency strongly desired)
- Familiarity with credit bureau data would be a plus
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Risk Management, Economics, Statistics or equivalent.
- Leasing and/or banking experience a plus
- Extremely proficient with Microsoft Office suite of products
TimePayment is an award-winning financial services company who specializes in customized lending for small and medium sized firms.
TimePayment programs are designed to meet the needs of equipment buyers and sellers with competitive finance solutions for equipment of all types.
TimePayment (MicroFinancial) has been one of the Boston Globe 100 every year since 2008, and has been one of the Monitor Top 100 Leasing Companies every year since 2010. Their offices are in Burlington MA.