The Data Science Manager will be responsible for creating the Data Science team’s roadmap and bring science to decision making for our business partners. The goal for the team is to produce models that can be scaled by our software development teams which enable self-serve analytical capabilities. This ensures the team is always working on the next big and exciting analysis.
The Data Science team at Takeoff solves some of the most analytically challenging problems facing a rapidly growing B2B2C e-commerce startup. The mission of the Data Science team is to unlock deep learning from data in order to help guide the business – everything from tactical optimizations to broad level strategic direction that is grounded in data evidence and heavy analytical rigor.
- Serving as a consultative partner to multiple teams to understand needs and conduct analyses that will help determine the strategic direction of the company.
- Potential to lead a team of 4 to 8 Data Scientists.
- Working with our Integration team to ensure required data is staged via ETL jobs in a way that makes it usable to influence business decisions
- Understanding and applying data mining techniques to generate deep insight and discover effective solutions to challenging problems
- Delivering presentations to high-level business stakeholders that tell cohesive, logical stories using data
- BA/BS/MS/or Ph.D., with strong academic record, ideally in Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Operations Research, Statistics or another quantitative field
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate, start-up, or research environment, and at least a year leading a team.
- Experience with R, Python, SQL, etc. (advanced programming languages)
- Intense intellectual curiosity – a strong desire to always be learning
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approach to solving difficult problems
Takeoff Tech is a well-funded, 100-person startup that is transforming online grocery for retailers and consumers. Takeoff’s solution offers automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse team. We offer a competitive salary, health, dental & vision plans, flexible paid time off, daily catered lunch, and a fun and supportive company culture.
Our headquarters office is at The Watch Factory in Waltham, MA. A cool space full of creature comforts with plenty of amenities on site.