Brain Power is actively seeking a highly skilled, dedicated, and collaborative Machine-Learning specialist or Data Scientist who is ready to contribute to our mission in meaningful ways and make a difference in the lives of people with brain-based challenges.
As a member of our team, you will apply your technical skills to creating next-generation therapies for brain-related conditions such as autism, ADHD, traumatic brain injury, and/or anxiety. You will engage with signal processing, computer vision, and machine/deep learning; and implement new state-of-the-art algorithms and models to support research-and-development goals. You will have direct access to data collected from clinical study populations, schools, and end users.
You will work directly with Amazon Web Services (AWS) teams developing advanced machine-learning products, and/or Google machine learning or Google Brain teams. We are proud to have direct collaborations and you will get access to the newest and un-released platforms.
- Take the lead in projects involving AI, big data, and machine learning.
- Help design, implement, and analyze techniques in signal processing, computer vision, anomaly detection, early warning detection, human behavior prediction, and deep learning.
- Implement new state-of-the-art algorithms and ML models to support research and development goals.
- Work with real-world human data, such as behavioral, performance, physiological, and mental-state data.
- Document methods, procedures, and results in ways that are compliant with federal regulatory standards and recommendations.
- Collaborate with others in a dynamic and lean multidisciplinary team environment to accomplish research goals.
- Document your work. Represent your code graphically for strategy meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s, PhD, or advanced undergrad in Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Biostatistics, or related field.
- Demonstrated state-of-the-art knowledge of one or more specialization topics such as:
- Signal processing/feature extraction — ideally with experience in clinical physiology (EEG, EMG, etc.), human kinematics, and/or interpretation of mobile accelerometry data.
- Image processing/computer vision — particularly applications related to analysis of facial features (detection, recognition, affect classification), body motion tracking and movement classification, and/or real-time image effect processing (dynamic morphing/blending texture maps, “face replacement”).
- Health informatics/biostatistics — particularly “big data” analysis of epidemiology or clinical/health records, or analysis of large scale non-clinical, public datasets to understand health-related trends.
- Experience using contemporary software and/or hardware tools for algorithm and/or system development for signal processing, image analysis, and/or machine learning.
- Demonstrated initiative and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary team environment.
- Startup mentality
- 3+ years experience in one or more of the following: Java, Android, Unity, C, C++, or C#.
- 4+ years experience in one or more of the following: Matlab, R, Python, Tensor Flow.
- Experience applying algorithms to operate in real-time on a mobile/wearable device OS.
- Experience with cloud computing resources and data analysis techniques (e.g. Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark).
- Experience in the AR/VR/xR industry
- Experience in the assistive technology industry.
- Experience working with people with ASD.