At RightHand Robotics, we have a rapidly growing and highly capable team building robotic piece-picking solutions and deploying them around the globe. Our product has to be reliable enough to run non-stop on production fleets of robots in the world’s largest warehouses. If you’re simultaneously excited and a bit terrified about what this could mean for you, good! If working hands-on with robots on a daily basis intrigues you, read on!
We are seeking a self-motivated Deployment Engineer to join our Deployment team. Your primary responsibility will be to lead the implementation of our robots in warehouses. The expectation is that you are fast-learning, independent, and can work with our engineering and go-to-market teams to make our customers successful.
- Deploy automation solutions including robots, software, and auxiliary hardware in customer warehouses
- Conduct on-site integration and test activities. Evaluate post-go-live performance metrics
- Be the primary point of contact for customers in the field
- Execute field retrofits; work with our mechanical, electrical, and software engineers on troubleshooting field issues
- Support engineering development and business development projects at RHR HQ
- BS in EE/ME discipline or Equivalent. Experience in services or deployment engineering positions is a plus
- Fundamental knowledge of basic programming (Python experience is a plus)
- Strong interpersonal skills to learn about local operations and to identify and build relationships with on-the-ground stakeholders such as warehouse managers and IT operators
- Strong organization and time management skills; ability to cope with fluctuating workloads and high-stress situations
- Mechanical and electrical repair skills. Are you a “tinkerer?"
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Be comfortable standing for up to 10 hours in one day testing our robots
- Travel can fluctuate between 60-100% each month (can sometimes be lower, and including international visits to customer sites)
- Familiarity with Linux
- General understanding of network topologies such as VPNs, firewalls, and routers
- Ability to write tools and scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Experience recording logs and documenting software bugs