Packaging Technology Group, Inc. (“PTG”) is a 13-year-old firm south of Boston, MA. We engineer thermal packaging solutions to move temperature sensitive products around the world. We’ve partnered with some of the world’s largest biotech and biopharmaceutical companies to provide custom packaging solutions to fit their unique needs.
PTG has an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who will thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented culture.
The Director of Engineering Operations will be responsible for managing an entire team of engineers spanning mechanical and thermal disciplines, collaborating with R&D, collaborating with the group’s product vision, and maintaining effective compliance and quality standards.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing dynamic firm, and partner with all of our cross-functional departments (mechanical, thermal, R&D, manufacturing).
Responsibilities and Enterprise
- Lead, manage, develop and mentor a team of ~5 to 7 engineers capable of carrying out and executing complex thermal dynamic projects for Tier 1 customers
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineering team across all disciplines specifically mechanical engineering and thermal dynamics.
- Maintain and develop standards and procedures to ensure manufacturing and product quality standards are met and maintained
- Provide leadership and oversight to new product development activities including cost, duration, resource constraint and technical risk assessments
- Provide leadership around new trends and applicability into new product designs
- Evaluate and ensure technical effectiveness and differentiation of products and services
- Consult, challenge and collaborate with executive team on major product, technology and business decisions
- Participate in the development of organizational goals and strategies, providing advisory support to senior management, taking an active role in strategic technical, R&D, and manufacturing activities and collaborating closely with other functions to maintain a high level of alignment.
- Strong entrepreneurial, technical, and business acumen.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of thermal dynamics, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering preferred (will consider other engineering disciplines)
- Advanced engineering degree preferred.
- Thermal Dynamics knowledge and expertise.
- 10+ years experience managing or leading a team.
- Comfortable working in complex and technical environment under demanding timelines.