The Director of Engineering Operations will be responsible for managing an entire team of engineers spanning mechanical and thermal disciplines, collaborating with R&D, collaborating with the group’s product vision, and maintaining effective compliance and quality standards.
This is a rare opportunity to join a fast growing dynamic firm, and partner with all of our cross-functional departments (mechanical, thermal, R&D, manufacturing).
Responsibilities and Expertise:
- Lead, manage, develop and mentor a team of ~5 to 7 engineers capable of carrying out and executing complex thermal dynamic projects for Tier 1 customers
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to engineering team across all disciplines specifically mechanical engineering and thermal dynamics.
- Maintain and develop standards and procedures to ensure manufacturing and product quality standards are met and maintained
- Provide leadership and oversight to new product development activities including cost, duration, resource constraint and technical risk assessments
- Provide leadership around new trends and applicability into new product designs
- Evaluate and ensure technical effectiveness and differentiation of products and services
- Consult, challenge and collaborate with executive team on major product, technology and business decisions
- Participate in the development of organizational goals and strategies, providing advisory support to senior management, taking an active role in strategic technical, R&D, and manufacturing activities and collaborating closely with other functions to maintain a high level of alignment.
- Strong entrepreneurial, technical, and business acumen.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the field of thermal dynamics, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing.
- BS in engineering, mechanical engineering preferred.
- Advanced engineering degree preferred.
- 10+ years experience managing or leading a team.
- Comfortable working in complex and technical environment under demanding timelines.