Alert Innovation is a growing startup with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics, and we are seeking to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
The Director of Quality will provide thought leadership, influence and hands on engagement to develop and lead all quality related initiatives supporting product development, reliability requirements, software SQA processes, regulatory and compliance, supply chain performance, system installation and customer requirements/feedback.
This leader will define and implement Alert’s world class quality system and quality organization that finds a balance between Alert’s strategic plan, customer expectations, and the economics of the business. This leader will be viewed as a transformational change agent who owns formal customer-focused quality initiatives, continuous improvement programs, and systemic internal change initiatives across the company.
- Lead the development of the Company's phased Quality roadmap (addressing current needs and setting the foundation for future maturity), attain leadership buy-in, and drive its implementation in support of Alert’s aggressive growth and business plan. Set the foundation for ISO certification through business process development and deployment.
- Design and develop a Quality organization to enable the Quality roadmap.
- Collaborate with Team Leads throughout the business to identify / design / implement major business processes that provide a set of leading and lagging KPIs to monitor performance and implement a cadence of review cycle for continuous improvement.
- Provide mentorship, run cross-functional teams, assign actions, and follow-up to drive root cause and lasting corrective actions.
- Ensure that Alert quality procedures are defined, being adhered to, and effective throughout the organization.
- Define and implement an effective customer feedback system.
- Promptly address customer concerns based on priority and risk assessment. Work with customer facing teams and internal execution teams to address and resolve issues.
- Ensure compliance to customer agreements and monitor trends in data that may lead to non-compliance. Put preventive programs in place as needed.
- Analyze and prioritize warranty data driven improvements to reduce post-installation costs and overall system performance.
- In conjunction with Team Leads, define and implement a structured Phase-Gate New Product Development Process in support of Alert’s product roadmap.
- Ensure production readiness of all New Product Development projects including system level validation and reliability, supply chain readiness, installation quality control plans … etc.
- Manage the Documentation Control process for the business through Alert’s PLM system.
Reliability Requirements and Software SQA
- Collaborate in the development of reliability requirements for Alert’s products and assign reliability budgets to major system components.
- Mentor engineers to create and use DFMEAs effectively, driving actions to increase confidence in designs before they are transitioned to production.
- Oversee demonstrated life testing, HALT testing, etc.
- Work in partnership with software team leads to develop the software testing and release process to ensure quality expectations are met.
Regulatory and Compliance
- Acquire a deep understanding of the regulatory landscape relevant to Alert Innovation and ensure compliance.
- Act as the company representative for external audits and drive internal audits to monitor effectiveness and adherence of existing processes.
- Be a point of contact for quality and regulatory related certifications.
Supply Chain Performance and Installation Services
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to establish and maintain an approved vendor list (both individual supplier and CMs) in support of Alert’s production and NPI needs.
- Develop a supplier quality management system including a vendor rating system using SCAR reports for corrective action. Implement essential practices such as PFMEA, PPAP, DFMEA, Audits … etc., where required.
- In conjunction with Alert’s Deployment team, create and implement a quality control plan for system and product installations.
- Introduce a deviation/waiver process to address situations / items that are non-conforming.
- Strong knowledge ISO9000 or equivalent quality standards.
- Experience building and maintaining a phase-gate development process.
- Experience with regulatory, third party, and customer auditing.
- Experience with Statistical Process Control, Root Cause Analysis, and other problem-solving methods.
- Proven track record leading quality initiatives (from customer through to the supply chain) and defining quality system requirements in high tech manufacturing or electro-mechanical product companies.
TEAMING & PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as required.
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment and constructively influence team decisions.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal direction to achieve stretch goals.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical/problem solving skills.
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION/relative Years experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor technical degree with a background in high tech manufacturing or electro-mechanical product companies.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of Quality Management leadership experience.
- Formal Lean and Six Sigma training. ASQ Certification for Reliability preferred.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.