Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics – and we’re off to a great start. We’ve partnered with the world’s largest retailer to help re-invent the customer’s shopping experience with our Alphabot Technology at the center of a new era in retail. To succeed, we need to grow our team.
We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture.
We offer a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.
We're looking to hire an Electrical Engineer with a focus in power electronics to develop isolated and non-isolated, AC/DC, and DC/DC, multi-kilowatt power supplies/chargers for our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. The candidate does not have to be an expert in power electronics, but must:
- Have a passion for power electronics
- Be willing to rapidly learn both independently and from consultants
- Be able to work mostly independently
Additionally, since Robotics is a multifaceted field and as a start-up Alert’s needs rapidly change, the candidate must be able and willing to help (design, test, debug) in other areas of the electrical design (mixed signal and digital circuitry).
- Primary - Responsible for the overall success of Alert’s power electronics.
- Secondary - Support mixed signal and digital designs as required.
- Develop AC/DC power supplies/chargers. This includes authoring design documentation, schematic capture, CAD oversight, bring-up, validation, verification, and high-volume test support.
- Take power designs from concept to prototype and through to high volume production.
- Leverage third-party magnetic component design houses to develop design-specific custom magnetics.
- Stay on top of new developments in materials and architectures in the field of power electronics.
- Learn from power electronics consultants.
- Background in designing power electronics.
- Some experience designing multi-Kilowatt, isolated and non-isolated, AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies and charging modules.
- Some knowledge of Zero Voltage Switching power supply architecture.
- A general understanding of magnetic component design, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
- An understanding of power factor correction.
- Experience with analog simulation.
- Basic EMI compliance comprehension.
- Schematic capture - Altium Designer experience is preferred, but relevant experience in alternative schematic capture tools is sufficient.
- Knowledge of PCB design and manufacturing process including DFM/DFT best practices.
TEAMING & PERSONAL
- A love of making stuff that works to a high level of standards.
- Self-motivated and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve goals.
- Willingness to learn and grow as well as share knowledge.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to support or lead project teams as circumstances require.
- Work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate across all levels of the organization and be able to author internal technical documentation.
EDUCATION/Relative Years Experience
- MS degree in electrical engineering with a concentration in power electronics (or the equivalent in training and experience), and a minimum of 3 years of directly related work experience.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.