Alert Innovation is a growing startup, with a mission to improve people's lives through robotics, starting with retail by transforming how people shop and how retailers operate.
Alert Innovation is looking to hire an experienced Electrical Systems Engineer to develop and support our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. The right candidate will be able to design complex power distribution and control cabinets, cable management systems, structure BOMs and ensure the documentation package is manufacturable, modular, and scalable, minimizing the work required for each new installation. A strong background is required, but so is a willingness to rapidly grow and develop new technical skills as needed. Our engineers need your insight, and you need theirs!
Rapid product development requires more than just individual talent, it takes a team to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with others—the best work isn’t done in a vacuum, so everyone at Alert contributes to define our most challenging problems and solution approach. Our team moves fast, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and revising assumptions in response to new information and requirements.
● Help design the world’s highest throughput automated storage and retrieval system.
● Design / document / deploy / debug / revise power distribution and control systems
● Maintain design documentation using AutoCAD / AutoCAD Electrical and Product Lifecycle Management tool (PLM).
● Work with mechanical engineering to ensure electrical systems are appropriately accommodated.
● Coordinate the building of scaled down elements of our electrical system to integrate and test in our lab, verify proper operation.
● Ensure electrical designs meet regulatory requirements.
● Participate in cross-functional activities to design, support, and debug from concept to production
● Support initial build teams, train and oversee electricians who assemble systems.
● Knowledge and experience designing and generating electrical documentation, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, mechanical drawings, test procedures for electric panels with PLCs, electrical and safety components.
● Familiarity with 100KVA-500KVA power distribution and componentry (fuses, circuit breakers, contactors) at 200-500V levels.
● Working knowledge of relevant domestic and international regulations (NFPA70, 79, UL508A, IEC 60204-1).
● Experience designing electrical systems for machines, large capital equipment, facilities, or commercial / industrial structures.
● Familiar with the installation of conduit, cables trays and other cable management systems.
● Familiarity with machinery safety concepts and commercial safety building blocks.
● Familiar with common electrical test equipment (DVMs, oscilloscopes, function generators, etc).
● Experience designing custom cables and harnesses.
● Able to install, troubleshoot and repair large electrical systems.
● Broad technical skill set that includes both digital and analog theory.
● Familiar with formal root cause analysis methods, 8D, 5 why, etc.
● Some experience with PLC Programming WinCC, ladder logic, including HMI interaction is a plus (Siemens).
● Must be willing and able to travel within the USA and internationally (25%-35% travel may be required once we’re in production)
● Familiar with AutoCAD, AutoCAD electrical, a schematic capture tool (Altium or similar); SolidWorks is a plus.
● Automation experience is valued.
Education / Relative Years’ Experience
● Position requires a B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering (or the equivalent in training and experience) with at least 10 years of relevant work experience.