Alert Innovation is a growing start-up with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics – and we’re off to a great start. We’ve partnered with the world’s largest retailer to help re-invent the customer’s shopping experience with our Alphabot Technology at the center of a new era in retail. To succeed, we need to grow our team.
We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture.
The Electrical Technician will help us develop and support our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. The job entails working with the Electrical Engineering Team to assist with electronics testing, debugging, and prototyping. This is a temporary contract position with the potential for future full-time hire depending on company’s needs and contractor performance.
- Perform Design Verification and Test (DVT) of electronic circuit boards. Follow DVT plans to execute tests and record results.
- Debug electronics at the board and robot system levels. Assist electrical engineers with root-cause analysis and solution prototyping.
- Build test cables, fixtures, small prototype PCBAs, and assist with rework (non-production boards) when Alert’s primary technician is unavailable.
- Knowledge and experience debugging and testing electronics including reading datasheets, schematics, common components (digital, analog, and power) and familiarity with test equipment (oscilloscopes, multimeters, load boxes, power supplies, etc.).
- Experience with electronics prototyping and cable assembly.
- Ability to solder wide range of electronic components to vector board and PCBs from large through hole devices to small 0402 surface mount passives and fine pitch components.
- Solid understanding of electrical basics (voltage, current, power, resistance, inductance, capacitance) and their relationships.
- Experience with Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio a plus).
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- IPC certification preferred, but not required.
- Familiarity with common shop tools and 3d printers is a plus.
- A proven track record of organizing and maintaining an electronics lab area strongly preferred.
- Familiar with visual workplace concepts, 5S.
TEAMING & PERSONAL
- A love of making things to meet high personal standards.
- Self-motivated and able to work through ambiguity.
- Willingness to learn and grow as well as share knowledge.
- Detail oriented.
- Ability to work closely with senior electrical engineers.
- Works successfully in a collaborative team environment and constructively influences team decisions.
- Able to respond to urgency, drive, and enthusiasm to deliver results.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment meeting critical deadlines.
EDUCATION/Relative Years Experience
- Position requires an A.S. degree in a relevant technical field (or the equivalent in training and experience), and a minimum of 5 years of directly related work experience.
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.