We are looking for a world class Estimator! If you love a challenge and want to own your own destiny, this may be the place for you.
Binsky has been around for 85 years and is well positioned and focused on being the class leader in the North East and across the US. Our CEO and founder, Third generation Robert Snyder, leads the organization and is a true Visionary.
We are investing heavily in world class systems, process and people, and passionate about changing the game in an aggressive and strategic way.
The Estimator is responsible for evaluating bid specifications, analyzing blueprints, proposals and other documentation, to successfully bid HVAC service projects.
- Review proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Reading and understanding of mechanical blueprints and other specifications for takeoffs
- Develop and provide complete, accurate and timely detailed estimates representing HVAC systems, costs, associated general conditions and required overhead and profit.
- Maintain all files of working bid documents, notes and assumptions of estimates. Coordinate with the Service and or Project Manager to ensure a smooth transition.
- Work with and obtain pricing from various vendors and subcontractors through completion of bids.
- Identify any unique requirements of any proposals and incorporate the related costs into those project estimates
- A solid understanding and broad knowledge of Plumbing and HVAC systems for commercial and institutional service work, including hospitals, schools, R&D facilities and multi-story buildings.
- Strong computer and technology skills including estimating software such as Quickpen.
- Ability to prioritize, set goals and manage multiple tasks under time constraints and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to read architectural, structural and mechanical plans and be familiar with a variety of plumbing, HVAC and Process systems and terminology
- Demonstrate strong math aptitude, organization, verbal, written and analytical skills
- Knowledge of Plumbing and Mechanical theory and code to identify issues with the designs or conflicts with other trades
- Must be comfortable working with clients, architects, engineers, subcontractors and vendors.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering Preferred
- 2+ years’ experience in commercial plumbing and HVAC systems estimating
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation package commensurate with experience