Avid is seeking a Global Compensation & Benefits Leader to join our team in Burlington, MA. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, this strategic position is responsible for the development, implementation, communication, support and administration of Avid’s worldwide compensation & benefits programs as well as lead the effort in streamlining Avid’s HR systems that will enable the company to attract, reward, and retain top talent. This leadership position will also play a critical role in developing content and materials for our Compensation Committee of our Board of Directors.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop and continually advance global compensation and benefits strategies and programs to align with business strategy and ensure the right mix and offerings are available to attract and retain an innovative, high caliber workforce around the world. These include health, welfare, wellness, retirement, base pay, incentives (cash and equity), annual merits aligned with performance and other rewards and perquisites that are aligned with the corporate strategies
- Collaborate and provide counsel to the Executive Team, HR Business Partners and Talent Acquisition function regarding compensation solutions, issues, evaluating new positions, job bands, grade levels, job descriptions, promotions and transfers.
- Ensure that the Company is in compliance with all compensation and benefits laws and regulations.
- Manage and negotiate with brokers and third party solution providers.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy for total rewards programs.
- Determine a holistic approach to HR Technology to enable the HR team and business to be efficient and agile.
- Develop and lead the process for all benefits related requests for proposals/negotiation with vendors of health, dental, life insurance, etc. This person will be the primary contact with domestic benefits broker on all benefit issues. Includes monthly and annual review of health benefits, costing, plan design changes, etc.
- Champion the audit of compensation and benefits programs. Coordinate with outside agencies as required. Make corrective judgments and recommendations regarding corrective actions to management. Determine compliancy with legal requirements and analyze, and recommend compliance actions for new and evolving compensation legislation.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required, advanced degree preferred
- Must have a successful track record of leading the total rewards function, including HR Technology, for a global, high tech, publicly traded organization
- At least 8 years of benefits and compensation related experience with a minimum of 3 years of leadership and executive compensation experience
- Experience with compensation & benefit design and execution globally and in emerging geographical markets is a significant plus
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain, influence, listen, instruct, give clear feedback, and ask good questions
- Must have strong analytical skills and the ability to translate technical analysis into executive presentations.
- Innovative thinking and problem solver
- Strong influencer and communicator at all levels of the organization up through the CEO, Compensation Committee, and the Board of Directors
- Leadership skills balanced with readiness to play a hands-on role
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively and experience developing and implementing large scale projects and change initiatives
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts.