The Hospitality Manager is responsible to organize and oversee the daily operations of our off premises FOH staff. They are expected to supervise all off premises team leads, train and develop new service staff, and work closely with the human resources department to fulfill staffing needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead, manage and hold accountable the entire off premise staff. Prioritize departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective
- Hire qualified personnel, Create and hold ongoing training sessions for leads and staff.
- Manage employee retention while handling the developmental needs of others. This includes coaching, mentoring, and building a positive work environment.
- Ensure employees are treated fairly and equitably, striving to improve employee retention
- Review weekly schedules, and review and manage time and attendance. Manage staffing needs with scheduler, and assist in hiring and training scheduler on staff events.
- Act as a resource for the sales team in creating staffing for events
- Maintain a working relationship with temporary staffing agencies
- Develop and execute the strategic plan including budget administration and preparation, forecasting, profit and loss accountability, cost control and inventories
- Empower and encourage employees to provide excellent customer service. Incorporate guest satisfaction, and develop and execute initiatives to enhance the guest service experience
- Maintain and demonstrate strong knowledge of service trends within the hospitality industry
- Enforce adherence to regulations and quality standards
- Prepare reports for senior management (i.e. Labor, Personnel)
- Proven experience as a hospitality manager with strong emphasis on customer service.
- Solid understanding of hospitality procedures and fine dining practices.
- Knowledge of staffing policies, with great organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in MS Office and relevant software
- Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
· 4+ years of management experience
· 4+ year of catering / hospitality experience
- Experience managing in a catering setting, with experience with staffing and event coordination.