At Rise Bar, we’re taking back real food and putting quality nutrition back into the hands of the consumer. It’s nutrition made simple. With our non-GMO ingredients, you’ll be helping support the earth that grows your food. We’re making real food and putting quality nutrition back into the hands of the active consumer. This is Real Food On the Rise.
Rise Bar is growing rapidly, and founder/CEO Peter Spenuzza has decided that an operationally driven leader is necessary in order for the business to achieve sustained profitability and continued growth. This Integrator / Director of Operations leader will be expected to build and maintain an outstanding value-driven culture among employees.
Reports to Peter Spenuzza – Founder and CEO
Direct Reports: Operations, Manufacturing, Finance, Customer Service
Location: Rise Bar’s headquarters are in Irvine, California. Irvine is located roughly 15 miles southwest of Anaheim.
Outcomes & Responsibilities
#1. Build and develop a fantastic team of both production and office staff at Rise Bar, where everyone is committed to the company’s values and mission, leading to a high performance company culture, low turnover, and enabling profitability goals.
- Produce a staffing plan for the next year focused on hiring dates, onboarding, and recruiting tactics
- Hire the right people who are clearly aligned to Rise Bar’s values and culture while creating personal development plans for all employees.
- We desire a relentless obsession with values alignment, focus, simplicity, and clarity.
#2. Create structures and processes for Rise Bar that establish the company’s short and long term direction, freeing the CEO to focus externally on efforts leading to 50% annual revenue growth over the next two years.
- Assess, recommend, and develop appropriate processes, systems, methods immediately and identify longer range needs within 60 days.
- Collaborate with leadership to create a strategic and operational annual budget within first 90 days. In addition, develop a framework for budgeting, tracking, projections, forecasts, reporting, and analysis
#3. Improve manufacturing efficiency and reduce supplier costs, while assuming full P&L responsibility.
- Implement a cost reduction initiative, set objectives, outcomes, project plans, metrics and reporting to measure and track performance.
- Evaluate existing and potential suppliers to reduce costs without sacrificing quality
- 5 – 10 years leadership and management experience, preferably in Consumer Goods and E-Commerce.
- Deep experience with building and scaling a startup company at executive level
- Previous responsibility overseeing budget, P&L, and operational cash flow
- Experience with either EOS / Traction or Gazelles organization is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of e-commerce and digital marketing is a huge plus
- Outstanding entrepreneurial spirit, resourcefulness, self-accountability, and grit
We will offer a very competitive salary along with an aggressive bonus structure based on goals that will be mutually agreed upon. Most importantly, there will be an equity component that will get you excited every single morning.