Alert Innovation’s mission is to re-invent retailing through robotics and automation. To achieve that goal, Alert seeks to hire people who love their work and want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and want to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture.
As the leader of a team, a team member, or an individual contributor, the Manufacturing Engineer will design manufacturing processes and implement operational readiness programs for Alert’s new product development process from planning through product launch. This position will perform the critical role of influencing new product design to ensure that it is optimized for manufacturing cost and quality in addition to meeting all specified requirements. This position will also support sustaining engineering projects including introduction and optimization through the supply chain and field installation.
Due to the fast-paced nature of the organization, the right candidate will possess the ability to work on many projects simultaneously, design and execute tests, learn from tests and mistakes, implement learnings and process change as appropriate, and adapt easily to changes. This position requires a motivated and enthusiastic individual who cares deeply about their own and their team’s work and can execute responsibilities with little supervision.
- Coordinates the manufacturing launch of new/revised products, including establishing goals, training team members, and evaluating results.
- Identifies and implements continuous improvement on product/process for cost reduction, quality improvement, and efficiency improvement.
- Presents process concept proposals and implement approved processes on schedule and within budget.
- Monitors and assures assigned processes are and continue to be compliant with all safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements. Audit both administrative and engineering controls. Communicate findings, take corrective action, and design/implement engineered solutions when appropriate to maintain effective compliance.
- Develops and documents manufacturing and installation processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing/installation methods and equipment; conferring with equipment vendors.
- Improves manufacturing/installation efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment requirements.
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing/installation processes.
- Identifies assembly tooling and fixtures to support product manufacturing and installation.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Problem-solve issues in an effective and efficient manner.
- Understand product development process and work within a formal stage/gate development process.
- Excellent project management skills, including ability to develop and manage to a project plan, establish priorities, work to deadlines, and control a number of projects at various stages of work.
- Resolve emergent engineering related production barriers. Provide technical assistance through the supply chain and field installations as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Ability to read and interpret technical engineering drawings and Bills of Materials. Proficiently use CAD systems such as Solidworks or Pro/E
- Experience developing PFMEAs and control plans to identify, mitigate and manage production based risks.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing techniques including Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing
- In depth understanding of manufacturing methods & procedures
- TEAMING AND PERSONAL
- Constructively support or lead project teams as the circumstances require or as assignment by team leads.
- Work successfully in a collaborative team environment
- Constructively influence team decisions and product design requirements.
- Self-motivating and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve team goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and be able to communicate across all levels of the organization
- Possess the additional skills of business acumen, basic team facilitation, assignment flexibility, independent thinking and responsibility for execution
EDUCATION/Relative Years Experience
- BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years relevant experience in a similar role and level of responsibility
- Must have 3+ years of experience in working in a high tech electro-mechanical assembly manufacturing environment. Experience in field installations, a plus.