Alert Innovation is a growing startup, with a mission to improve people's lives through robotics, starting with retail by transforming how people shop and how retailers operate.
The Mechanical Commodity Manager is responsible for ensuring the cost effective and efficient procurement of supplies and materials for our automation manufacturing needs and new product development teams.
● Develop supply chain, in collaboration with the Director of Supply Chain, for complex mechanical structures including evaluating suppliers, determining selection criteria and ongoing performance management.
● Enable Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering by developing a supply chain strategy on new components including manufacturing methods, supplier selection and DFx activities.
● Prepare, distribute, and analyze RFQ’s (request for quotes) and SOW’s (statement of work)
● Place PO’s and attain material in support of our production and NPI schedules. Constantly seek and identify opportunities for value creation (cost savings, cost avoidance, revenue enhancement) and risk mitigation.
● Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications, etc.
● Support quality performance improvements with supply chain
● Gain supplier involvement in supplier management to drive continuous improvement and productivity.
● An acute understanding of mechanical commodities (machining, casting, cold rolled steel, plastic molding, fabrication, sheet metal… etc.)– including the ability to read, understand and interpret mechanical prints and files
● 7-10 years of experience in purchasing supporting both production and new product development teams. Proven experience in a formal and disciplined New Product Development process (eg. Stage-Gate)
● Strong working knowledge with supply chain and inventory management systems
● Analytical skills including working with data / Excel. Metric centric at the core.
● Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
● Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team oriented environment with limited direction: A self-starter.
● Proficient in lean manufacturing, six sigma, or equivalent.
● Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 25% of the time.
Education / Relative Years’ Experience
● Bachelor’s Supply Chain management, technical, or equivalent degree preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
● 7-10 years of experience in a similar role and level of responsibility
● Must have 5+ years of experience in working in a complex, high level electro-mechanical assembly manufacturing environment. High Tech experience a plus.