We are looking for a Network Engineer who has successfully scaled enterprise environments to help support our continued high growth. This person will manage Takeoff's internal and external network infrastructure, including core/access switching, firewalls, WAN, VoIP communications, and remote office connectivity and help support and deploy enterprise network infrastructures. Ideally, this person will have some exposure to Cisco network infrastructure, but that is not a requirement. You will focus on network support but will learn and grow as a result of being surrounded by a team of senior engineers helping deploy solutions.
- Support networking environment by managing system configuration; facilitating system installation; and defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Establish the network environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades, and Investigating faults in the network
- Networking design and implementation; network hardware/software configuration.
- Network performance tuning and reporting by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects against IT budgets
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches, WAN accelerators, DNS and DHCP
- Procuring network equipment and managing subcontractors involved with network installation
- Configuring firewalls, routing and switching to maximize network efficiency and security
- Maximizing network performance through ongoing monitoring and troubleshooting
- Arranging scheduled upgrades
- Updating network equipment to the latest firmware releases
- Reporting network status to key stakeholders
- 3-5 years’ experience working as a Network Engineer on increasingly complex projects
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and its supporting technologies
- 5 years’ experience configuring ASA, Routers, Switches, Firewalls, VPN, VLAN, WiFi-AP, Proxy Servers
- Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Wiring (Structure cabling and fiber optics) and Certification Supervision, Network Performance Monitoring and Tuning.
- Experience managing Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switch products
- Experience with SAML, AAA and multi-factor authentication
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) certificate required
- An ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong documentation and time management skills.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field
- Travel is required
Takeoff Tech is a well-funded, 100-person startup that is transforming online grocery for retailers and consumers. Takeoff’s solution offers automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery technology stack, enabling retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with convenient mobile ordering and same day pickup or delivery.
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse team. We offer a competitive salary, health, dental & vision plans, flexible paid time off, daily catered lunch, and a fun and supportive company culture.
Our headquarters office is at The Watch Factory in Waltham, MA. A cool space full of creature comforts with plenty of amenities on site.