Brain Power is actively seeking a skilled Product Manager to lead the conceptualization, design, development, and release of our new features and products. This role will not focus on our autism products, but rather on one or more of our other offerings. Your daily work will include interfacing with the marketplace and interfacing with our various internal teams.
The ideal candidate will have succeeded previously in a Product Manager role. The ideal candidate will have a sufficiently technical mindset to understand and help manage an internal engineering team; but will also be extremely strong in terms of social, networking, and analysis skills needed to assure product-market fit. You will be doing work that has a purpose and humanitarian impact. The closer you succeed in matching the capabilities of our product(s) with the needs of our intended beneficiaries, the more will directly affect how children and adults on the autism spectrum learn and achieve greater dignity and self-reliance.
About Brain Power:
Brain Power, LLC, is a mission-driven, neuroscience-based tech startup headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with strong ties to MIT, Harvard, and Stanford. We make gamified, AI-based wearable systems to help assess and coach people with brain-related challenges. Our systems run on smart glasses such as Google Glass or competing headsets from Epson, Intel and others.
Our flagship product for Autism includes apps which:
- Give children and adults prompts as to what other people are feeling, delivering videogame-like coaching on face-directed gaze
- Enable/improve reading and conversation skills
- Help users reduce repetitive motor behaviors and underlying stress
- Give teachers and parents numerical progress reports and notifications when a child’s behavior changes
- Document results for students on different parts of the autism spectrum
- Build detailed specifications of our new wearable and mobile applications
- Break down large projects into specific, actionable tasks
- Gather information about stakeholder needs and behaviors through regular user interviews, including patients, families, clinicians, and others
- Actively get out in the marketplace and learn to speak and feel the needs of the customers and other stakeholders
- Combine market-derived insight with knowledge of our internal team, to develop an accurate and useful picture of our several customer segments and other stakeholders
- Communicate this to the whole team and infuse it into project plans and feature prioritization
- Manage projects through their full lifecycle and work closely with our Engineering, Design, and Marketing team members to ensure that specifications, deadlines, and quantitative goals are met
- Build systems to make our product development process more efficient and scalable
- Learn and help implement processes and reporting requirements for projects supported by federal grants
- Learn and help implement quality management systems required for FDA and other regulatory compliance
- Leverage data to advocate for stakeholder needs as we develop and adjust our prioritization
- Actively and frequently survey the other entities in our field(s) and keep us in touch
- Maintain a pervasive focus on bringing the FUN and WOW to our digital experiences
- You have professional experience working on digital and/or educational content for kids, specific experience in product management a plus
- You are organized and detail-oriented; you can build a comprehensive spec and confidently answer questions from engineers during implementation
- You have substantial understanding of web trends and experience authoring requirements that deliver video, desktop experiences, mobile/tablet experiences, content management, user tracking, etc.
- You have experience collaborating with Design, QA, and Engineering to ensure that features meet user needs; you’re a tactful and practiced user interviewer
- You are a quick learner, you like asking questions, and you know how to juggle priorities
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to the demands of all levels and types of production duties
- You have major leadership experience
- You have strong UI/UX mobile application experience, particularly for apps targeted towards children and families
- You have experience with mobile game development and/or user engagement monitoring
- You have a passion for creative development of children’s educational content, particularly for teaching social and other basic life skills