The Product Team Lead is broadly responsible for leading cross-functional teams who are empowered to develop robotic and automation system in a lab and bring them to market or improve existing products to better serve customer’s needs. To achieve this goal, the PTL will lead a cross-functional team comprised of multiple disciplines such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, software development, supply chain, manufacturing engineering, and quality. To succeed, the PTL will set the team’s vision and goals, help a team work together to solve new and tough problems all while creating a collaborative, fun, high performance environment.
The PTL will work closely with Alert’s Leadership Team to understand a product’s requirements, partner with Alert’s Chief Development Officer in guiding the Product Team and align with other Discipline Leads in ensuring that Alert’s practices are followed and/or developed.
● Work closely with technical team members to ensure projects execute in a predictable fashion with respect to schedule, budget and performance. This includes initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, sustaining, and closing projects.
● Ensure team is appropriately resourced to deliver on product goals
● Anticipate and communicate project risks and assist team in risk mitigation.
● Effectively communicate issues and status with stakeholders regarding deliverables, timelines, and budget
● Develop strong working relationships across teams and stakeholders to ensure overall project success
● Advance the team’s skills that improve effort estimation, early risk identification and mitigation, and resource tracking to improve project performance.
● Ensure adherence to quality policies and standard operating procedures, or work with Discipline Leads to create quality policies and SOP’s where none exist
● Manage multiple functional resources assigned to development team
● Plan, lead, and document all formal Phase review meetings
● Lead continuous improvement activities for both cost reduction and functionality enhancements by employing a structured approach
● Manage development with emphasis on scalability and long-term solutions
Common Project Metrics:
Performance, Reliability, Serviceability, Cost, Quality, Supply Chain Capability, Project Schedule.
● Experience in translating product technical requirements into a project plan
● Experience running large cross functional projects that deliver tangible products, involving operations, quality, supplier chain, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and software developers
● Understanding of common New Product Introduction cross functional challenges, and knowledge of strategies to identify/ mitigate risks
● Experience balancing project resources, project budgets, and schedules
● Familiarity collecting, communicating, and achieving project KPIs.
● Proficient with various project management tools (MS Project, visual management)
● Familiarity with various project management methods (agile, waterfall)
● Solid understanding of typical New Product Introduction phase gate processes
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS EXPERIENCE
● +7 years of experience in high-tech project development (or related role), and +5 years of experience managing projects comprised of +10 cross functional resources.
● Minimum of a Bachelor technical degree (or the equivalent in training and experience) with a background in high-tech or electro-mechanical product companies.