Alert Innovation is a growing startup, with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics.
We are looking for a seasoned and talented, hands-on Senior Mechanical Engineer to help develop our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. As a start-up company, it is not unusual for everyone to wear a different hat at different times. Working at Alert Innovation, the ideal candidate will not be hesitant to jump in and lend a hand as needed. As Mechanical Engineer, you will be part of an innovative team of engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions.
- Design and analyze structural components for integration into customer facilities
- Create structural system concept layout designs
- Design mechanical and mechatronic systems of custom automation systems.
- Work with and possibly direct interdisciplinary teams including electrical, systems, and safety to assist in the definition of mechanical design requirements. Be responsible for or assist with the successful management of engineering programs as they relate to cost, quality, safety, timing and customer satisfaction
- Manage subsystem and component level design requirements through cross functional collaboration.
- Conduct and participate in the design meetings/reviews, machine debug, power-up, and machine validation and testing with the appropriate functional teams.
- Create and manage highly detailed and functional 3D models and detail drawings.
- Optimize designs via analytical, numerical and/or empirical assessments.
- Be responsible for the creation, development and release of component and system specifications and documentation, including ECO creation for releasing all product documentation to the PLM system.
- Be responsible for the creation of component and subsystem design verification plans and test methods, as well as actual testing.
- Interface with manufacturing group and suppliers for insuring feasibility and manufacturability of all designs.
Required Knowledge / Skills
- Detailed working knowledge of industrial automation components such as pneumatics, sensors, motors & drives, robots, power trains, general machine design, technical drawing preparation, various manufacturing techniques, knowledge of materials and general fabrication techniques.
- Innately familiar with the design for any or all of the following production processes: extrusion, metal stamping, castings, sheet metal and weldments.
- Experienced working in a cross functional team environment, including both technical and non-technical interaction.
- Demonstrate excellent solid modeling skills & capability, Building Information Modeling (BIM)preferred.
- Well versed in FEA (Finite Element Analysis)
- Possess detailed working knowledge of ASME Y14.5
Additional Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in a busy, startup environment
- Provide mentorship & guidance for junior level engineers
- CFD/Flow analysis & thermal analysis
- Working knowledge of OMNIFY PLM
- Knowledge of International Building Codes (IBC), Racking Manufacture’s Institute (RMI) codes
Education / Relative Experience
- 5-10 years minimum of professional experience
- S or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience and exceptional ability
- Robotics minor/major a plus
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in a company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.