Alert Innovation is looking to hire a Senior Electrical Engineer with a focus in power electronics to develop isolated and non-isolated, AC/DC, and DC/DC, multi-kilowatt power supplies/chargers and energy storage modules for our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. We need an expert in power electronics who can work independently and leverage their experience to take designs from conception to high volume production.
Rapid product development requires more than just individual talent, it takes a team to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with others—the best work isn’t done in a vacuum, and everyone at Alert contributes to define our most challenging problems and solution approach. Our team moves fast, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and revising assumptions in response to new information and requirements.
● Help design the world’s highest throughput automated storage and retrieval system.
● Conceptualize, document, design, simulate, measure, analyze, test, and debug power electronics.
● Participate in cross-functional activities to successfully bring designs from concept to high volume production.
● Be the go to resource within the company for all things related to power electronics.
Requirements - Knowledge & Skills
● Very strong background in designing power electronics.
● Experience designing multi-Kilowatt, isolated and non-isolated, AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies and charging modules.
● Zero Voltage Switching power supply architecture.
● Deep knowledge of AC/DC power supply architectures and their tradeoffs (complexity, cost, efficiency, reliability, etc.).
● Strong understanding of magnetic component design, materials, and manufacturing techniques.
● Aware of industry developments and their pros/cons (SiC Mosfets and diodes, modern core materials, etc)
● General knowledge of super capacitor and battery technologies and balancing schemes.
● Power factor correction.
● Analog simulation, including experience with modelling effects of parasitic elements.
● EMI requirements, measurement, testing, and mitigation techniques.
● Schematic capture - Altium Designer experience is preferred, but relevant experience in alternative schematic capture tools is ok.
● Knowledge of PCB design and manufacturing process including DFM/DFT best practices.
Teaming and Personal
● A love of making stuff that works to a high level of standards.
● Self-motivated and capable of working without direction or supervision to achieve goals.
● Willingness to learn and grow as well as share knowledge.
● Detail oriented.
● Ability to support or lead project teams as circumstances require.
● Work well in a collaborative team environment.
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate across all levels of the organization and be able to author internal technical documentation.
EDUCATION/RELATIVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
• At least a B.S. in Electrical Engineering.
• 12+ years of experience developing power electronics.