We are seeking a talented Senior Software Engineer to work on QIAGEN next-generation Clinical Insight product. Working with a team of engineers and architects, you will be responsible for prototyping, designing, developing and supporting a highly scalable SaaS based cloud security platform. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a team building QIAGEN next generation microservices based technology platform processing big data, leverage open source technologies, and work on challenging clinical interpretation and life science projects.
- Co-develop QIAGEN best-in-class next-generation Clinical Insight products.
- Create high-performance, high availability, resilience APIs, libraries and microservices that scale to meet/exceed the requirements of mission critical clinical interpretation and life science projects.
- Research, evaluate and adopt next generation technologies.
- Produce high quality software following good architecture and design principles that you and your team will find easy to work with in the future. Position Requirements
- Work with stakeholders to collect, discuss and identify the requirements. Have a good understanding about the user stories and use cases
- Plan, propose and communicate the possible solutions. Identify the tasks and define the schedule for the delivery
- Work closely with other team members. Collaborate with partner teams
- Participate in code review meeting. Provide timely feedback
- Mentor junior team members. Provide technical guidance
- Refactor the source code. Improve the scalability and performance of the system
- Follow the best practices in the coding and implementation including unit and integration test cases
- Deliver the feature end-to-end
- Leverage from the modern technology to solve interesting technical challenges
- Look for ways for innovations and improvements Personal Requirements
- Experience with modular, component based UI development (Web Components)
- Knowledge of native DOM and Event API’s
- Knowledge of browser quirks and their remedies
- Passionate for current trends and best practices in front-end architecture, including performance, accessibility, security and usability
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of RDBMS systems (preferably Oracle DB or Postgres DB)
- Knowledge of Spring framework
- Knowledge of building insightful visualization for big data
- Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate in Computer Science or equivalent
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.