Brain Power is actively seeking a talented Senior Web Engineer with AWS Expertise, to expand and maintain our web-based analytics dashboards that provide progress data to children, parents, therapists, and researchers. Contribute to impactful work and see the benefits directly. You will have the opportunity to attend relevant training sessions and events to bolster your skills. You will also have a host of perks, as outlined at the top of this page!
- Design overall architecture of the web application.
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
- Maintain code integrity and organization.
- Document your work. Represent your code graphically for strategy meetings.
- Understanding and implementation of security and data protection
- At least 3 years of web server development experience, and/or experience building client-side web applications
- Knowledge of relational database dialects (MySQL, SQLite, PostgreSQL) or similar DB management systems
- Experience with cloud deployment services (AWS, GCP, Azure, Heroku)
- Particular experience with AWS, especially newer products such as AI and machine learning products
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design and implementation, with emphasis on maximum usability and mobile-first responsive design
- Extensive experience with standard front-end web technologies HTML, CSS, jQuery, JSON, AJAX.
- Extensive experience with API design and deep understanding of RESTful principles, with emphasis on engineering scalable, simple server-side applications
- Experience working in Linux server environments
- Experience with Saas/LESS CSS preprocessor
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git, SVN, etc)
- Startup mentality