Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with the world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation is looking for a seasoned Site Engineering Lead. Site Engineering is a cross-functional team of mechanical, electrical and safety engineers who adapt Alphabot structure and electrical system components to the needs of specific site installations.
Working closely with the Customer Engagement Team who defines the requirements for each installation, Site Engineering configures the Bill of Materials, creates all site construction documents and works with the Structural Team in cases where standard products must be adapted for the installation.
The Site Engineering Lead will guide and oversee the work of both internal employees and contracted engineering firms. The work products of the Site Engineering Team are used by the Site Deployment Team to construct Alphabot systems at our customers’ sites.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
● Understand and guide site engineering efforts based on specific site installation requirements.
● Lead a cross-functional team of mechanical, electrical and safety engineers.
● Using pre-defined automation building blocks, create site-specific BOMs and drawings.
● Participate in the design meetings with the Mechanical, Electrical and Safety Site Engineering Teams.
● Oversee the creation and management of highly detailed and functional 3D models and detail drawings.
● Produce site construction drawings, stamped by professional engineering firms as needed for compliance to state and local codes.
● Support the creation, development and release of standard details and work instructions which enable the Site Engineering Team to quickly scale its capabilities and bandwidth.
● Interface with contract engineering/architectural firms and the Alert’s Deployment Team
● Extensive experience leading cross-functional teams to create mechanical, electrical and safety system construction drawings for installation of complex automation systems.
● Ability to select, contract and manage large engineering/architectural design firms.
● Experience managing large distributed, remote engineering resources.
● Knowledge of relevant building regulatory codes by state.
● Experienced in the use of CAD tools such as Revit/AutoCAD/Solidworks or equivalent.
● Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
● Ability convey status and direction across all levels of the organization.
● Education: B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience and exceptional ability
● Robotics/Automation minor or major, a plus
● 7-10 years minimum of professional experience