Globalization Partners is undergoing tremendous growth and is looking to significantly expand the software development team. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for hiring and managing a high-performance team of software engineers, and leading the design, development, and execution of software development projects in an Agile environment. This is an incredible opportunity to come in at an early stage and help define the composition and culture of the team.
- Lead a team of software engineers and provide day-to-day technical guidance to team members on development activities.
- Hire top talent on the engineering team and drive a high-performance collaborative culture.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership, working closely with architects and senior management.
- Create and drive the detailed planning, scheduling, and execution of development plans to meet business goals and schedules.
- Help drive all aspects of the Agile development process, from sprint planning to daily scrum meetings and sprint demos.
- Help implement an effective system of project governance and metric-based reporting.
- Help define and enforce development best practices, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Mentor team members to help them achieve their career goals.
- Solid software engineering background, with 10+ years of experience developing enterprise-scale web/cloud-based commercial software products.
- 3+ years of experience managing complex software development projects through all phases of the software development life cycle using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Strong track record of building and managing high-performance engineering teams in multiple locations.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering quality software releases with aggressive schedules.
- Proven record of strong technical leadership.
- Strong knowledge of modern cloud architectures and technologies. Experience with AWS is ideal.
- Experience integrating with external systems. Specific experience integrating with Acumatica and Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience with BPM modeling tools such as Camunda is a plus.
- Experience in a startup or high-growth environment is highly desirable.
- B.S. in Computer Science preferred.