Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
Why An SQA Functional Tester?
As an SQA Functional Tester, you will assist in the testing of new and existing Material Control System (MCS) software that commands robot activity in our Alphabot® systems. You will work closely with our system and development teams to understand functional requirements and system behavior, and you will perform smoke, functional, and regression testing. You will be responsible to complete user and factory acceptance testing for new system deployments.
Rapid product development requires more than just individual talent, it takes a team to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with others—the best work isn’t done in a vacuum, so everyone at Alert contributes to define our most challenging problems and solution approach. Our teams move fast, so you’ll need to be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
What Will You Love?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Working with a growing SQA team and inspiring team members to continually produce the highest standard of work and create robust solution
- Helping the company to bring exciting new features to production
- Collaborating with system, software development, and SQA teams to optimize testing efforts and coverage, and to improve system reliability
- Working in a talented, high-energy, supportive and enthusiastic company developing a world-class product
- Broadening your skillset
What Will You Do?
- Perform smoke, functional, and regression testing on software release candidates
- Verify and write test summary findings and observations
- Assist in troubleshooting and root cause analysis of product failures
- Investigate, reproduce, log, track, and escalate reported defects
- Travel is required for this position during user and factory acceptance testing of new installations
What Are We looking for?
· 2+ years SQA tester experience
· 2+ years previous experience with acceptance testing
· Previous experience with Jira and TestRail preferred
· Excellent analytical problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills
· Commitment to perform all functions with highest compliance and integrity