We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant to be responsible for bookkeeping and accounting transactions. Candidates should demonstrate an understanding of general accounting principles and possess solid technical bookkeeping experience. This position will have general ledger responsibilities with cross-departmental collaboration. In addition to technical skills, the candidate must demonstrate attention to detail, the ability to maintain confidentiality in various settings and a strong sense of integrity.
The ideal candidate for this role has startup experience, is comfortable working under tight timelines in a high energy environment. They are open minded to learning about new technologies.
- Lead the payables process including; purchase order processing, vendor management, and invoice collection, data entry and cash disbursements
- Maintain other day-to-day accounting activities including, customer invoicing, fixed asset sub-ledgers, prepaid assets, expense accruals, and other general accounting processes, as requested
- Assist with the month end close process, perform responsibilities associated with management of the general ledger, journal entries, and account reconciliations.
- Maintain established internal control policies to ensure compliance with documented accounting policies and procedures
- Work with HR to book payroll related journal entries to the GL and reconcile payroll related tax filings
- Assist with the compilation of annual budgets, forecast revisions, and variance analysis, as requested
- Be a go to person for special accounting projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Excel skills that include knowledge of vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with Quickbooks preferred
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- Solid judgment in prioritizing and making decisions
- Strong attention to detail with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Work experience in a start-up preferred
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with people across the organization.
Soft Robotics Inc. is a venture-backed startup in Bedford, MA that designs and builds grippers and control systems that can manipulate items of varying size, shape and weight with a single device. By leveraging the science of soft robotic actuators, it is now possible to automate facilities that have traditionally depended on manual labor for bin picking, order fulfillment, and other complex pick and place tasks.