Alert Innovation is looking for a seasoned and talented, hands-on Structural Engineer to help develop our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. As a start-up company, it is not unusual for everyone to wear a different hat at different times. Working at Alert Innovation, the ideal candidate will not be hesitant to jump in and lend a hand as needed. As a Structural Engineer, you will be part of an innovative team of engineers focused on developing industry-changing solutions. Position requires thorough knowledge of structural design and engineering techniques. You will devise new approaches to problems, and prepare or modify drawings, specifications, calculations and monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and Alert standards.
What Will You Do?
· Perform structural design and analysis calculations using governing codes, specifications and standards (AISC, IBC, RMI, AISI, ASCE, ASTM), engineering formulas, skills, and experience.
· Develop layouts and detail portions of projects using schematic layouts and sales drawings
· Experience with Revit, Autodesk BIM, RISA, SCIA or equivalent finite element analysis software.
· Provide drawings and sketches for Alert designs and produce sketches to incorporate in drawings by Designers/Drafters. Research design options and document findings.
· Check component drawings and coordinate their release for fabrication.
· Coordinate work with other disciplines such as architectural, mechanical, fire suppression, etc.
· Experience with cross functional team interaction (technical and non-technical)
· Experience in working with multiple discipline clients.
· Excellent solid modeling skills, including drawing preparation. (SolidWorks/CREO preferred)
· Have a detailed working knowledge of standard drafting process and ASMEY14.5, Geometric Tolerancing & Dimensioning.
· Attend and participate in Client and Alert meetings.
· Perform field activities, including, but not limited to, observe and record existing field conditions, take and verify measurements within project area.
· Communicate with Project Management to determine designs that take into consideration installation methods and/or limitations.
· Coordinate with Purchasing and Manufacturing.
· Possession of a comprehensive suite of tools applicable to common project challenges.
· Excellent communications and interpersonal skills; able to build effective team relationships and efficiently mediate teams achieve consensus.
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite.
What are We looking for?
· Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Civil and/or Mechanical Engineering, with a concentrated focus in the area of structures.
· Minimum of 6 years of experience in the area of structural design engineering.
Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.