The Accounting Manager manages and oversees the daily operations of the Accounting Department. This position is responsible for administering the company’s Accounting functions.
Position Summary and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for month-end close, A/P, A/R, Billing, and Collections functions
- Insure proper application of US GAAP, maintain general ledger and chart of accounts
- Preparing and review journal entries and perform account variance analysis
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles across all groups
- Interface with managers and others in the company to ensure adherence to policies and standardization of procedures
- Ensure proper accounting treatment for all inventory, cost of goods sold, and expenses
- Establish a standard practice around developing monthly financial statements, quarterly reporting practices to the executive team, and annual business results
- Oversee payroll processing
- Cash management, forecasting and reporting
- Coordinate and prepare schedules and analyses for annual review by outside CPA firm
- Maintain fiscal files and records, and Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective actions
- Build, train, and manage a high-performance accounting team
- Create performance plans, assess performance, and provide performance feedback
- Create an atmosphere where Accounting becomes a business partner for the entire firm.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience as Accounting Manager, Supervisor, or Sr. Accountant
- BS degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA highly preferred
- Experience with accounting software and databases; QuickBooks preferred
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Packaging Technology Group, Inc. (“PTG”) is a 13-year-old firm south of Boston, MA. We engineer thermal packaging solutions to move temperature sensitive products around the world. We’ve partnered with some of the world’s largest biotech and biopharmaceutical companies to provide custom packaging solutions to fit their unique needs.
PTG has an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who will thrive in a highly collaborative, team-oriented culture.