Alert Innovation is looking to hire an experienced a Senior Electrical Controls Engineer to develop and support our state-of-the-art robotic inventory management system. The right candidate will be able to program safety-rated PLC software to monitor and control mobile robot safety behaviors, safety interlocks, HMIs, and power delivery hardware. Will be responsible for developing a manufacturable, modular, and scalable design and documentation package, minimizing the work required for each new installation.
Rapid product development requires more than just individual talent, it takes a team to be successful. We want candidates who enjoy collaboration with others—the best work isn’t done in a vacuum, so everyone at Alert contributes to define our most challenging problems and solution approach.
· Help design the world’s highest throughput automated storage and retrieval system.
· Design / document/ deploy / debug / revise PLC software
· Work with mechanical and electrical engineering teams to ensure control system requirements are well understood and documented
· Write code to verify control concepts in scaled down laboratory test systems
· Work with 3rd party agencies to attain certification to relevant US and European safety standards
· Support installations with modifications as required
- Support Technical Writers in developing manuals
- Knowledge and experience in interpreting electrical documentation, schematics, wiring diagrams, specifications, mechanical drawings
- Experience creating operator and maintenance interfaces for HMI terminals
- Ability to review, repair and redesign legacy PLC code
- Understanding of IEC 61508 series, IEC 62061 and ISO 13489 series and how programing requirements vary based on safety integrity levels (SIL) and performance levels (Pl) defined by equipment risk assessment
- Ability to create, document and maintain a safety lifecycle requirement program as per IEC 61508 series for 3rd Party certification
- Familiarity with FMEA process, especially related to human and equipment safety
- Proficiencies in MS Office, WinCC, TIA Portal, ProfiNet, ProfiSafe, ASi are valued
- Familiarity with Siemens SIMATIC PLC hardware and development tools
- Must be willing and able to travel within the USA and internationally (25%-35% travel may be required once we’re in production)
- Familiar with AutoCAD, AutoCAD electrical, SolidWorks is a plus
- Automation experience is valued