In the contract recruiting world, we often work with several different clients over time. Some contracts require you to work alone, while others require you to build your own team. With a larger team, there is more room for error. We’re here to give you a few tips and tricks that have helped us build and maintain relationships with our clients while filling their open roles.
Communication with your team
- Utilize Gmail chat for easy communication to share profiles and ask questions.
- Encourage recruiters to ask questions about roles and different profiles.
- Meet weekly with your own team to address any miscommunication.
- Have at least one weekly call between your firm and the client.
Communication with your candidates
- Customize LinkedIn messages to address candidates based on skills, interests, education or other details.
- Scheduling a call within two days of initial dialogue.
- Maintain good standing with candidates who are not interested to keep communication lines open.
- Follow-up after calls to provide candidates with any information that would be helpful- blogs, articles on company culture, etc.
- Share excitement and energy of your client through all communication to ensure excellent candidate experience.
- Set sourcing standards- Target # of candidates per day, and make sure those goals are realistic.
- Adjust sourcing standards through the process.
- Hold information sharing sessions and go over ideal profiles, job descriptions, expectations, etc.
- Share industry knowledge and keep track of changes in the industry, who may be going through layoffs or organizational change, and familiarity with recruiting trends.
- Create monthly snapshots to track recruiting performance and forecast goals.
- Manage recruiter performance and address any issues accordingly.
Fine tune your recruiting process
- Find a structure that works best with team
- If you started with all recruiters sourcing and conducting phone screens separately you will have an inconsistent process and quality of candidates submitted.
- If you split responsibilities between a sourcing team and recruiters for calls,the process will become more streamlined, ensuring candidates had the most enjoyable experience
Share and create brand awareness
- Share jobs, blogs, recent company news, etc. (Social Media, Linkedin, Glassdoor).
- Potential candidates may see the posts and become interested.
- Use excel to keep track of candidates in the process along with your ATS.
- Create different folders for different roles or department to manage resumes, templates, reporting metrics and job descriptions.