Alert Innovation is a 2-year-old startup on a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics. Having partnered with the world’s largest retailer to develop our revolutionary Alphabot® technology, we have an enormous market opportunity in front of us and are now beginning to scale the company by hiring exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful, strive for excellence, and thrive in a highly collaborative team-oriented culture.
WHY A BUYER?
The Buyer will play a critical role in helping us bring the company to the next level by helping to manage incoming and outgoing inventory to ensure that our design and deployment team has the right inventory at the right time and that we’re ensuring that dates are met to our customer’s expectations.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary, generous benefits and an equity stake in our growing company.
WHAT WILL YOU LOVE?
- Being a part of an organization that is innovative in both its products and the design of the organization.
- Being a partner in the realization of our vision of a high-performance culture in an adaptable organization.
- Working in a fast paced, flexible environment where there is no wrong answer and everyone works for the same team.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Day to day procurement of R&D and Deployment material to support the business
- Maintaining revision data on purchase orders and ensuring suppliers are compliant with required revision controls
- Reviewing open orders and working with suppliers for on time delivery compliance
- Creates and maintains inventory reports and can report on inventory status for independent installations
- Responsible for on-hand inventory maintenance including revision control, issuing inventory for projects and reporting available inventory as required
- Keep detailed records on procurement activity, materials quantity, specifications, etc.
- Support quality performance improvements with supply chain
- Periodically prepare and/or coordinate shipping of both inbound and outbound materials
- Gain supplier involvement in supplier management to drive continuous improvement and productivity.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proficient in MS Office – particularly Excel
- Familiarity with supply chain and inventory management systems
- Knowledge of logistics/transportation a plus
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment with limited direction
- Analytical skills including working with data, metrics, etc particularly in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline preferred. Advanced degree a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in a relevant role
- High Technology experience a plus
WHAT ARE OUR CORE VALUES?
All members of Alert Innovation practice the following values as part of their daily responsibilities and model these values as she/he leads or supports their teams.
- The Golden Rule: Extraordinarily powerful in its simplicity and depth: “Treat others as you would want to be treated”.
- The Power of Person: The contribution of every single person in the company is important, and the performance of the entire company can only be maximized when every person strives to achieve his/her full potential and to contribute to the best of his/her ability.
- The Power of Team: The Power of Person becomes amplified exponentially when a group of people working effectively as a team create “performance synergy”, whereby the capacity to perform as a team is much greater than the sum of the individual members’ capacities.
- The Power of Truth: We strive to see the world as it is, not as we want or imagine it to be, because only then can we make it better. This core value manifests itself through questioning, probing, testing, measuring, validating, verifying, proving, listening with an open mind, and making fact-based decisions. It also fosters transparency and honesty with others, as well as self-examination and self-honesty.
Alert Innovation is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.