SmartBooks, the #1 outsourced provider of bookkeeping, accounting and payroll services to small businesses, is looking for a part-time Controller (up to 25 hours per week) to deliver services to clients consistent with core values and industry best practices. We are a local industry leader and need someone to help us achieve our goal of becoming the leading business outsourcing firm in the U.S! We've got the stability of a large company with the energy of a startup.
· You enjoy working with small businesses under $10 million in annual revenue, many in the $1-$5M range.
· You have the ability to quickly comprehend the accounting policy, process, and technology needs of small businesses.
· Advise accountants, CSMs, and clients on what they need to do for proper accounting.
· You have the ability to balance the workload of services you personally deliver to clients with your team and new client implementations.
· You have a strong knowledge of GAAP, a CPA or Masters in accounting.
More About the Opportunity:
· You will maintain technical expertise with QuickBooks, Xero, Intacct, and other add-on software to meet client needs.
· You may work from home most days, with company meetings and training held at our headquarters in Concord, MA.
· The pay rate for this opportunity is $38-45/hour for up to 25 hours per week
More About You:
· You have worked at a public accounting firm, and primarily in small businesses with $1-$10 million in annual revenue.
· You are computer & systems savvy and love learning new technologies.