The Senior Controls Software Engineer (SCSE) is responsible for contributing to the sensing, localization, motion, and actuation of the robotic platform to deliver a robust, reliable solution with high throughput. As an experienced robotics software engineer, you have demonstrated passion for robotics and have extensive experience architecting and implementing object oriented, multi-threaded applications for motion control. The position requires taking personal ownership to design, document, communicate, implement, and test software components within a complex system. The SCSE must be able to efficiently apply first order solutions while considering a long-term approach in a quick and dynamic environment. You are equally comfortable as both technical contributor and mentor in a growing multi-disciplinary team.
Who You Are:
● You are passionate about technical challenges and eager to broaden your skillset
● You are focused on making progress every day, and strive for efficient solutions
● You are humble and thoughtful
● You exude dedication and commitment to your work that makes others want you on their team
● Collaborate both inter-team and cross-functionally to deploy controls solutions using C++
● Clearly document requirements and design
● Provide accurate task timelines
● Design concepts, demonstrate in simulation, implement in C++ software, and integrate on hardware running in a real-time OS and Linux environments
● Actively perform root cause analysis and apply solutions
● Integrate third-party software where appropriate
● Provide input to electrical and mechanical teams on component selection.
● Work with customers, vendors, or other technical or non-technical stakeholders to assess software needs and performance
● Investigate new technologies
● Mentor junior engineers
○ Proficient and experienced in the application of classical control theory
○ Understand frequency domain and performance analysis
○ Comfortable with linear system modeling and identification
○ Ability to derive kinematic, frame transformation, and 2nd order dynamic equations
○ Proficiency in modern C++ (11/14) with focus in object-oriented design and abstraction for real-time embedded platform
○ Understanding of digital signal processing and filtering
○ Familiarity with sensing and actuation technologies
○ Experience with physical robotics hardware
○ Ability to develop test plan, execute, and analyze results
○ Ability to execute data analysis / post-processing, simulation, and concept demonstrations in MATLAB
○ Ability to understand electro-mechanical robotics platform and how components interact
○ Experience with version control, task planning and tracking
Alert Innovation is a growing startup with a mission to re-invent retailing through robotics – and we’re off to a great start. We’ve partnered with world’s largest retailer to help re-invent the customer’s shopping experience with our Alphabot Technology at the center of a new era in retail. To succeed, we need to grow our team.
We seek to hire exceptional people who love their work, want it to be meaningful and collaborative, and strive for excellence in a team-oriented culture.
Alert Innovation offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package, including an equity stake in our growing company.