Revantage is a portfolio company of The Blackstone Group. Blackstone is a worldwide private equity firm with, in excess of $150b in assets. Revantage is their Shared Services R/E arm supporting multiple portfolio companies.
The Corporate Tax Manager is responsible for the accurate and timely review and filing of federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone’s real investments including office, apartments, industrial, hotel and retail. Gathers information, plans strategies, researches tax laws and corresponds with agencies as necessary.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews federal, state and local tax returns for Blackstone’s real estate partnerships, corporations and REITs on a timely basis. Maintains the tax log to ensure compliance with all filing deadlines.
- Reviews the filing of federal and state extension requests, quarterly estimated payments, and non-resident partner withholding for the various companies.
- Reviews tax and PTP projections for Blackstone’s real estate investments, and coordinates IRS and state income, franchise and sales tax audits and other correspondence.
- Reviews REIT compliance testing on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Reviews corporate and partnership legal documents and correspondence as needed to ensure correct preparation of tax returns. Reviews 704(c) and 752 allocations as necessary for various joint venture tax returns.
- Conducts research as necessary to determine compliance with tax laws. Reads periodicals to maintain knowledge about changing tax laws, planning opportunities, filing requirements, etc. Trains and develops the staff and seniors.
- Manages tax seniors and staff, provides direction, establishes priorities and goals, and ensures resources are available to accomplish goals. Determines staffing and training needs and conducts performance and salary reviews.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, advanced degree in tax and CPA preferred, 6+ years of experience in a public accounting tax department or equivalent required. Supervisory experience is a must. Must have a strong working knowledge of corporate and partnership federal and state taxation. Must be detail oriented and possess strong analytical, communication and organizational skills. Computer literacy is required, including experience with spreadsheets and tax preparation software. Experience with Sage Fixed Assets (FAS) a plus.