Riffyn, an innovative software company providing research software to bioscience and pharmaceutical companies is expanding our engineering team and seeking a Senior DevOps/SRE Engineer to join us. You will be adding your skills to a capable and vibrant team and your work will have an immediate impact on the rest of the company.
The small DevOps team working as part of the larger engineering group is responsible for cloud-native infrastructure. The primary responsibility is building and maintaining the company's hosted service platform. You will be establishing best practices and tooling for our platform by leveraging cloud-native principles, containerization, and continuous integration strategies.
What's In It For You:
You'll work with modern open-source tooling while maintaining mission-critical systems hosting a wide array of applications. You'll be depended on to advise on design, architecture, and scaling of infrastructure as we build the next generation of our product. You'll play a critical role in improving the scalability and performance of our application.
You'll Need to Have:
- Experience working in a 24/7 production engineering organization,
- Understanding of Linux container principles and best practices
- Ability to listen, communicate, evaluate, problem solve, multi-task, and prioritize in many different areas of our organization.
We'd Love to See:
- Deep expertise troubleshooting complex distributed systems hosted on AWS using tools like Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Proven experience in coding or scripting repetitive tasks.
- Understanding of cloud-native technologies like Prometheus and Kubernetes
- Experience with creating and improving documented procedures and/or runbooks
- Working knowledge of a configuration management tool such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, or Salt
- Familiarity with open source configuration, orchestration, and CI/CD tools like Jenkins, TravisCI
- Deep understanding of TCP/IP and Unix networking, Linux kernel performance (virtual memory and process scheduling)
- Familiarity with an agile workflow using tools like Jira and Confluence.
- Experience and desire to work independently in a small company with minimal bureaucracy.
- Demonstrated track record of improving and simplifying operations
- Self-starter who can anticipate issues and implement solutions
Nice to Have:
- Background in information security
- Familiarity with ISO27001 best practices and documentation