We are looking for an experienced Senior Director of Accounting to oversee general accounting operations by controlling and verifying our financial transactions. In this role, you will gain exposure to all departments across the company, and help the Finance team achieve its monthly, quarterly and annual objectives. This includes, but is not limited to, increasing efficiency through the use of technology, shortening the accounting close cycle, and providing accurate, meaningful data to the leadership team.
We expect the Senior Director of Accounting to be an important member of our small, but highly proficient, Finance team. This person will lead Company’s accounting operations and financial reporting activities and maintain a thorough system of accounting records, policies, and controls designed to mitigate risk and ensure the accuracy of the Company’s reported financial results.
This is exciting because you will:
- Work independently and manage third parties in the preparation of asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Work with third parties in preparation to external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts;
- Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarize financial status by collecting information; preparing a balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Protectsorganization's value by keeping the information confidential.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Liaise with our CAO and senior management to improve financial procedures
What you bring to the table:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant, CPA required
- At least 7 years of accounting management experience. Big four experience is a plus.
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Hands-on experiences with accounting software packages, like FreshBooks and QuickBooks, Oracle Financials and Experience in various ERP systems and implementations
- Strong strategic and analytical skills with the ability to support a growing business.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong financial systems experience and the ability to continuously assess and ensure systems meet business needs.Resourcefulness in his/her ability to look for alternative approaches
- Capable of quickly establishing credibility and building strong relationships combined with the ability to assist others with non-financial backgrounds
Why you’ll love working at Takeoff
· We're a successful, rapidly growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
· We’re disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
· We're passionate about what we do
· We get to be creative on a daily basis
· You’ll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
· We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
· We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
· We have fun!
What We Offer
· Here at Takeoff, we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
· Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
· Gym membership
· Free Parking
· Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
· Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
“Everyone here really believes in what they do. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun!”
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup where you had the chance to transform a $1T market — now’s the time! Come join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers thrive in an online grocery market.
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability, and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.in what they do. We work hard, but we also know how to have fun!”