Be the 1st IT Manager at a growing technology start up in Boston!
As the Head of IT, you will be responsible for managing our internal IT operations. This includes working with business leaders to ensure that tools and applications meet the needs of our rapidly evolving business. You will provide technical guidance on systems, networking, and capacity planning for new infrastructure projects for our engineering, DevOps, and technical support teams.
· Manage personal computers, system software, software applications, network equipment, internet providers, printers, audio & video conferencing, etc. across a globally-distributed organization.
· Author and maintain IT policy documents and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
· Drive the implementation of the company’s business continuity and disaster recovery.
· Identify and eliminate security vulnerabilities.
· Conduct regular testing and dry-run exercises to test and improve systems and plans.
· Coordinate and manage outside vendors and services.
· Conduct introductory systems training for new staff.
· Manage helpdesk and ensure that issues are addressed in a timely manner.
· Research, identify, and recommend new technology solutions to continually improve our infrastructure and operations.
· Occasionally perform duties outside of non-business hours as needed.
• 10+ years’ experience in IT system administration, with at least 3 years in a leadership role
• Experience defining corporate IT policies related to security, privacy, and compliance.
• Network expertise including routing, switching, IP addresses and subnets, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, VPN, etc.
• Cybersecurity experience including network firewall configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting; web application security; intrusion detection & prevention tools.
• Experience managing computer hardware and network systems – laptops, wired and wireless network, audio & video conferencing systems, printers, etc.
• Experience with Windows, macOS and Linux configuration and administration.
• Experience administering Active Directory, Office365, SharePoint, etc.
• Experience with shell scripts or programming.
• Expertise with data privacy, PCI compliance, GDPR, SOC 1/2, and data localization is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technology-related field.
Globalization Partners is changing the way companies expand overseas and manage their global workforce. Our privacy-by-design platform is the first Global Employer of Record technology of its kind and was built to meet the complex needs of companies expanding their business into new markets around the world. We are the market leader in a growing industry and have innovation at our core.