As our Director, Human Resources Business Partner of Americas East (P&C) at Compass you will be a member of the P&C Leadership Team and serve as co-head of all P&C Business Partners. You will lead the BP function for our Operations and East Region organizations, working side by side with each team to ensure people and business objectives are closely tied to each other. You will be instrumental in building and evolving our East Region and Operations functions, championing our values, and ensuring that Compass is a great place to come to work everyday.
In this role, you will specifically:
- Be a strategic and trusted advisor, and a key part of the Operations and East Region management teams. Serve as a consultant to the President of the East Region as well as the SVP of Operations
- Lead a team of P&C Business Partner/Generalist colleagues
- Develop and run a hands-on People strategy (growth, org design, workforce planning, retention and succession) for Operations and East Region teams
- Drive company-wide initiatives as the come up, driving towards a best-in-class employee experience
- Partner with your clients and specialists in People & Culture to run all key people processes (OKR setting, learning and leadership development, talent calibrations, performance management, compensation and analytics, etc).
- Partner with other leaders within and outside P&C across programs, recruiting, compensation & benefits, and L&D
- Coach outstanding leaders you support everyday to become even better; coach employees in their career development needs.
- Enable workforce productivity and engagement through thoughtful and effective resolutions to questions and issues.
- Support proactive adherence to and issue resolution of legal & compliance-related matters for a growing workforce
- Help drive and embed diversity practices into all that we do.
What We're Looking For:
- A people enthusiast, passionate about engendering employee love for their company
- Strong track record of people management
- Agile. You’re an expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing and ensuring all needs are met. You stay calm even when priorities change and there is a lot to do
- Solutions-driven. You believe there’s a way you can solve any challenge. You understand and are energized by the impact of ensuring employee needs are constantly met. You take pride in delivering timely and thorough service and outstanding follow-up.
- Integrity. You understand how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues.
- Empathetic and engaging. You connect well with leaders and employees and understand their needs. You have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- You have superior verbal and written communication skills, representing us well in all you do.
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time as needed