As the Head of People: HR Product and Engineering at Compass, you will partner with our rapidly growing Engineering and Product organizations, working side by side with each team to ensure people and business objectives are closely tied to each other. You will serve as a consultant to the CTO, Head of Product, Engineering Managers, Product Leads, and Employees on key people considerations related to Product and Engineering. You will be instrumental in building our growing Engineering and Product organization’s People & Culture function, championing our values, and ensuring that Compass is a great place to come to work everyday.
At Compass You Will:
- Be a strategic and trusted advisor, and a key part of the Product and Engineering management team.
- Develop and run a People strategy (growth, org design, workforce planning, retention and succession) for Engineering and Product teams.
- Partner with your clients and specialists in People & Culture to run all key people processes (OKR setting, learning and leadership development, talent calibrations, performance management, compensation and analytics, etc).
- Coach outstanding leaders you support everyday to become even better.
- Enable workforce productivity and engagement through thoughtful and effective resolutions to questions and issues.
- Coach employees in their career development needs
- Support proactive adherence to and issue resolution of legal & compliance-related matters for a growing workforce
- Help drive and embed diversity practices into all that we do.
What We're Looking For:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 8+ years of People / HR experience
- MBA or Master’s in Human Resources or PHR certification preferred
- Experience working with engineering and product teams
- Strong track record of people management
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time as needed
- Agile. You’re an expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing and ensuring all needs are met. You keep calm even when there’s a lot to do.
- Solutions-driven. You believe there’s a way you can solve any challenge. You understand and are energized by the impact of ensuring employee needs are constantly met. You take pride in delivering timely and thorough service and outstanding follow-up.
- Integrity. You understand how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues.
- You have superior verbal and written communication skills, representing us well in all you do.
- Empathetic and engaging. You connect well with employees and understand their needs. You have strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyone’s place.