As Compass’s Head of People and Culture (West) you will play a key role on the People & Culture Leadership Team, overseeing all West Region Compass employees in partnership with our West Coast President, Peter Jonas. You will be instrumental in building and evolving our West Region and Operations functions, championing our values, and ensuring that Compass scales as a people first organization.
In this role, you will specifically:
- Be the champion of the West Region employee voice to ensure it's heard in all key company decisions.
- Be a strategic and trusted advisor to West Coast President and all West Region Market Presidents.
- Embed yourself in the broader West Region business strategy in order to champion people strategies that drive business results.
- Partner with your clients and specialists in People & Culture to run all key people processes (OKR setting, learning and leadership development, talent calibrations, performance management, compensation and analytics, etc).
- Manage a team of P&C Business Partners and Generalists with a clear framework of accountability.
- Partner with other leaders both in an outside P&C across Programs, Recruiting, Compensation & Benefits, and L&D to ensure your region has the necessary support infrastructure to thrive through scale.
- Help drive and embed diversity practices into all that we do.
- Drive large scale change management initiatives including level, compensation, role scoping etc.
- Create an information sharing process enabling your markets to leverage best practices from each other as well as sharing mistakes.
What We're Looking For:
- A passion for people and champion of helping individuals reach their potential
- Depth of People / HR experience, ideally in a hyper-scale environments
- Enthusiastic people manager, inspiring leadership style
- Change management experience
- Strong communicator, instilling confidence with the mastery of their craft
- This person will be low ego, strong on senior leadership management and also a roll-up-their sleeves leadership style willing to get into the details
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time as needed
- Agile. You’re an expert multi-tasker, independently prioritizing and ensuring all needs are met. You stay calm even when priorities change and there is a lot to do