Landscape Creations is a landscape construction company working with New England's top landscape architecture firms, and the world's most discerning clients. Our projects range from urban oasis gardens to sprawling coastal estates, and everything in between.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing and coordinating all services related to recruiting, hiring and supporting the employees of Landscape Creations of RI. The Human Resources Manager administers all company benefits, employee training, and safety programs. The candidate will help track and maintain records related to performance and compensation issues, counsel employees on issues related to work performance, and performs other related duties as assigned by the President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages talent acquisition process in cooperation with department heads, including sourcing, conducting reference checks, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding. Keeps job descriptions up to date, accurate and compliant with relevant federal, state and local laws
- Administers benefit programs such as health, life and disability insurances, 401K, ACA and COBRA Administration. Manages injury reporting/investigation and claims for worker’s compensation and unemployment, ST and LT disability.
- Develops specific training programs and manages license acquisitions
- Counsels employees, provides general training on professional development
- Develops and administers Safety Program and conducts periodic safety education programs with employees including driver’s safety, hazard communications, general safety, sexual harassment, etc.
- Coordinates and facilitates timely performance and compensation reviews by managers as well as proper internal documentation/filing
- Administers and periodically updates employee manuals and handbooks
- Counsels and assists in terminations and performs exit interviews
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, minimum of 5 years of experience in a HR position.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of state and federal employment laws (i.e., EEO, FMLA, Wage & Hour)
- Strong recruiting, interviewing, counseling skills, and strong training skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, function independently and accurately, and interact effectively with staff members.
- Experience with Construction Workforce/Distributed Workforce required
- Experience and knowledge of H2B program preferred
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan
- Medical Insurance