We are looking for an experienced Internal Audit and Compliance Manager to ensure our company adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters. You should be well-versed in legal guidelines and corporate governance best practices. The Internal Audit and Compliance Manager sets high ethical standards and works diligently to complete their duties while keeping in mind the objectives of the business to preserve the company’s integrity by making sure it stays on a lawful and ethical course.
This is exciting because you will:
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies.
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues.
- Draft, modify and implement company policies.
- Collaborate with corporate counsels and HR departments to monitor the enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Partner with business team members to ensure internal control issues identified are understood and timely resolved.
- Prepare and present regular reports to Accounting, IT and other business leaders on internal audit activities such as control findings, results, and recommendations for improvement.
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks.
- Review the work of colleagues when necessary to identify compliance issues and provide advice or training
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control.
- Prepare reports for senior management and external regulatory bodies as appropriate Contribute to the development of PMO tools and processes to continuously reduce cycle time and increase organizational capacity for implementations.
What you bring to the table:
- Proven experience as a compliance manager.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations.
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping.
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality.
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities.
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations.
- Excellent communication skills.
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field.
- CISA Certified compliance professional is a plus.
Why you’ll love working at Takeoff
- We're a successful, rapidly-growing startup with an entrepreneurial vibe
- We’re disrupting the eGrocery industry with our innovative business model
- We're passionate about what we do
- We get to be creative on a daily basis
- You’ll work with a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right, and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy, and reward those who take initiative
- We offer competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We have fun!
What we offer
Here at Takeoff, we offer a competitive salary, health, dental and vision plans, flexible paid time off, and a fun and supportive company culture! Some of our other benefits include:
- Fully stocked kitchen and daily catered lunches
- Gym membership
- Free Parking
- Beautiful, well-lit, open office space
- Plenty of exciting travel opportunities
If you ever wanted to be on the ground floor of a well-funded, rapidly growing startup where you had the chance to alter the future of eGroceries — now’s the time! Come join our team at Takeoff Technologies. Our automated grocery fulfillment system, coupled with our end-to-end technology solution, is helping grocers not only embrace eGroceries, but thrive in an online grocery market.
Our culture revolves around our core values of respect, initiative, collaboration, adaptability and diversity. As people, we value hard work, but we balance it with socializing as a team, respecting our time outside of work, and appreciating our coworkers’ unique walks of life.
Takeoff is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Learn more at www.takeoff.com.