This is a unique ground-floor opportunity for a highly motivated and resourceful person to be a leader on our product team. In this role, you'll be involved in every aspect of our product from what we build to how we build it.
Printfection is transforming the $20 billion promotional swag industry by shifting the way companies think about and use branded promotional swag. We’re a B2B tech startup that’s bootstrapped, profitable, and growing. We have awesome customers like Zendesk, New Relic, Zapier, and Galvanize and we’re a tight-knit, collaborative, respectful team.
What You'll Do
Your objectives are to 1) build out our Swag Platform application ensuring long term technical scalability and 2) lead and grow our frontend and backend engineering team.
In support of this you will:
- Manage our PHP frameworks for our customer and vendor web applications to ensure consistency and scalability with a focus on simplicity, centralized assets and documentation.
- Work with customer and internal stakeholders and our agile dev team to solve interesting technical problems and provide input during the design phase.
- Establishing and define our overall application architecture.
- Ensure the long term quality of our code and scalability of our development through unit and functional testing.
- Be the expert on large scale web application best practices.
Who You Are
- You are an experienced PHP developer with 4+ years professional experience working on a large scale web application.
- You're an experienced leader managing multiple frontend and backend developers while still coding and managing code quality for the entire team.
- You're an expert in object-oriented PHP and have experience working with Linux (CentOS), Apache and MySQL.
- You care just as much about the readability and simplicity of your code as you do about solving the problem.
- Upgrading an older code base and implementing new frameworks and standards excites you.
- You pride yourself on polished, easy-to-understand communication skills (written and verbal).
- You're a self-managed team player who can function with ambiquity and be a proactive problem solver.
- You live near or can relocate to work in downtown Denver Colorado.
- You have a deadline mentality, detailed oriented, and a passion for building things that scale.
- You're self-driven and own your job with minimal supervision. This Quora post nails it.
- Ground floor opportunity, yet more than just an idea – millions in revenue, profitable
- The rare chance to reinvent a $20bn industry from the ground-up. Not just another web app, Printfection is a mission-critical part of our customer’s marketing and brand success
- Flexibility to work from home several days a week or our downtown Denver, Colorado office
- A fun and passionate (yet sane) work culture — we respect your weekends and personal life
- An enjoyable team environment: free lunches, happy hours, sporting events, and more
- Extremely competitive salary plus incentives and options
- Health, dental, vision, life, 401k and disability insurance
- Paid cell phone, home internet, transportation stipend, and everything you need tech-wise to own your role
- Unlimited vacation policy and eight paid holidays