We are seeking an experienced Learning Lead, to design and deliver Takeoff’s internal and external technical training programs. You will work cross-functionally to enhance the learning experience and explore technologies that promote growth, scale, and efficiency. Responsible for Documentation of SOP and Training materials for internal and external Operations teams, in collaboration with SMEs and Technical Leads. You will help to determine training objectives by conducting an analysis of overall needs and specific skill or knowledge gaps. You will also manage the development of training programs and materials including outlines, text, handouts, hands-on exercises and training evaluations. This role will help realize the vision to create experiential learning for every program, to make learning fun, engaging, measurable, and impactful.
We're a well-funded, 60-person startup enabling retailers to sell groceries online profitably. Takeoff’s solution offers automated fulfillment coupled with an end-to-end eGrocery technology stack, enabling Grocery retailers to offer their shoppers the assortment and low prices of stores, with fast & easy mobile ordering, and same day pickup or delivery.
- Design, develop and implement innovative and scalable blended learning strategies, programs and processes.
- Support the learning and development needs of Takeoff by working with leadership to identify learning needs, develop curriculum, and launch and implement new courses.
- Support all E2E functional areas with process documentation and Standard Operating Procedures for Takeoff internal use.
- Develop professional-quality training materials and Standard Operating Procedures for external client roles.
- Create Train the Trainer curriculum and lead this training as a workstream within the overall Takeoff implementation project plan.
- Interact with subject matter experts across a variety of clients to identify the needs of the business and develop learning solutions.
- Project manage the creation and maintenance of high-quality learning modules, including, but not limited to, storyboards, decks, facilitator guides, and eLearning modules.
- Implement and maximize learning technology through upgrades and procurement of tools and online resources (e.g. video streaming platform, Articulate 360).
- Develop "learning experience" methodology and associated measurement strategy to ensure user experiences are efficient, effective, and engaging and that the programs meet the business needs and objectives.
- Lead the Learning and Development process across the company, to share best practices, content, and to assist in broad initiatives when needed
- 3-5 years of experience designing and developing learning solutions, (e.g. job aids, instructor-led and virtual training, webinars, videos, podcasts)
- Strong knowledge and application of adult learning principles
- The ability to translate technical documentation and process maps into user-friendly and actionable standard operating procedures and training materials
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in applying adult learning theory and iterative instructional design methodologies (i.e., ADDIE,).
- Proven experience creating and delivering training programs based on internal demand
- Ability to facilitate in person and virtual learning sessions to ensure knowledge transfer
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including facilitation and public speaking.
- Experience in relevant functions in the Grocery, Retail and/or eCommerce industries.
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience. Advanced degree or additional certification a plus.
- Ability to travel is required.
Takeoff Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values a diverse team. We offer a competitive salary, health, dental & vision plans, flexible paid time off, daily catered lunch, and a fun and supportive company culture.
Our headquarters office is at The Watch Factory in Waltham, MA. A cool space full of creature comforts with plenty of amenities on site.